• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sora Kake Girl (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Mitsuho wrote:
Her name means autumn leaves. Aki is the kanji for autumn and ha is the kanji for leaf. Example: Naruto's konoha is the hidden village of leaf. The 'ha' is the same morpheme.

Yeah, we discussed that earlier, so I did get that reference. I should really spend more time translating terms. Smile
Mitsuho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw quickly. I couldn't leave it off with what I thought I saw as 'salmon swimming upstream.' <g> (into the future) </g>
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:27 am Reply with quote
OK, i have switched fansubbers so now i will hopefully be more up-to-date on the discussions around here.

So regarding eps.6 and 7: spoiler[Aleida certainly seems to be a bad-ass dragon for the big bad. Good then, that Takane has a black belt in bad-assery of her own Very Happy And i second the notion of Takanes new outfit.On a related note, during Aleidas and Takanes fight we see a bit of Aleidas hair. I could swear that hair is the very same that belongs to the "dream girl". When you couple that together with Miss dreamy and Leopard both using that Shiratori-thing and Leopard and Honoka discussing a predecessor of sorts to Akiha seems to be hinting at some juicy revelations further down the road. ] Holy camoly, thats one heck of a spoiler tag Shocked !

And regarding the Nerval and Xapphite spoiler[is there anone else besides me worried about the fact that every rouge colony seems to be a super-weapon? Leopard is a Anti-matter canon, Nerval seems to be some sort of cryo-gen weapon and i wouldn't be surprised if we learn that Xapphite ( the oujo colony) turns out to be a Rail-gun.]

We also get clued in on the plot, courtesy of the Big sis whose (sp? Embarassed ) name escapes me at the moment.spoiler[Long story short: Nerval is the enemy of mankind, Leopard disagrees with him and get in cahots with Akihas family, in the process giving them Illuminati-like inlfluence.] And the fiancés face is becoming clearer indeed. Poor Akiha Laughing

Looking forward to: Hot springs and more of miss potatos verbal machine-gun. Feeling sorry for Leopard already.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote
"I can't fire! My golden orbs are all cold and curled up!" Laughing

Ep 7 rocked all around. We got to see the bad guys/gals, got to meet Akiha's family, and even got some tidbits about the mysterious Honoka(spoiler[she's apparently a survivor of some place that Nerval destroyed]). To top it off, it looks like I'm finally going to get the plot explainations that I've been wanting Very Happy . I haven't had this much fun with a space series since Vandread!

But... does anyone know what's going on with this one? its been 2 weeks since ep 6 was subbed; has any group said anything?
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:01 am Reply with quote
The three major ones don't have anything particular to say. If every group has "live-life" problems at the same time, it's one weird coincidence Confused
kornpone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Whoops-- did everyone get lost or something during the baseball ep? Laughing

Actually I quite liked that little digression --with some of the eps packing enough story line for two or more chapters of some other shows, Sora Kake Girl is still coming out ahead. And the following episodes haven't disappointed in the least.

And even if that curve ball was still too wide for your taste, you've gotta admit that Leopard's cameo as the spoiler[God of Baseball] was pretty hillarious Very Happy

Keep in mind-- the World Baseball Classic had Japan (and Korea, among other places) all whipped up in a baseball fever during most of March. It was actually timed pretty much perfectly.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Couple episodes and LOL BASEBALL episode later, this series is starting to build up quite nicely especially in episode 11 where we find more about the "neglected" sister Nami and possibly how that box cult lures in more people. Seriously, this is becoming a nicely crafted, flashy sci-fi series with lots of cute and hot girls! I haven't been this entertained by these type since Kiddy Grade, but at least the plot of this one is kept on pushing forward and not get bogged down by stand-alone episodes (except of the LOL BASEBALL episode of course, unless Sunrise made that episode in order to foreshadow future character developments Shocked ).
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
kornpone wrote:
Whoops-- did everyone get lost or something during the baseball ep? Laughing

Actually I quite liked that little digression.

It was fun, but honestly I would have prefered it to be an 'extra' episode that gets tacked on at the end after the main story is done (like what Solty Rei did). But, 'tis a minor complaint really Wink

I haven't gotten to episode 13 yet, but there's still much to comment one through 12.

concerning Nami: I must say, I saw this one coming episodes away. I remember thinking way back in like ep 3 or 4, spoiler[she's either going to have a positive awakening, or turn to the dark side. And as it got closer it became obvious which choice she would make.] This brings forth yet another interesting concept to this intriguing show.
concerning Aleida: Now this one I did not see coming. spoiler[It was like, 'what?! Its the lady from Akiha's dreams?] That coupled with the fact that spoiler[Nami calls her mom] made things even more crazy than they were.

Yeah, things certainly have come a long way, and anyone who has already been hooked will find theirselves trapped like those box people Wink .
kornpone

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
...anyone who has already been hooked will find theirselves trapped like those box people Wink .

Help! Someone get me out of this box! Wink

Well the fun has been continuing unabated, and we now have had several opportunities to see the nefarious Nerval (showing himself in surrogate human form) to be actually rather mild mannered. Chances are, his real self will be a good bit less of a sympathetic character. . .

Nami is now thoroughly on the spoiler[dark side], but there are hints that even with her fancy new toys she may still not be a happy soul!

I was rather pleasantly surprised with how they handled the recent excursion to spoiler[Jupiter]: instead of simply warping right back to earth, they actually faced the reality that they were damned far away --and wouldn't be able to return for a very long time. It was refreshing to see that bit of real physics enter the picture, even with all the usual SF shenanigans raining down all over the story line Very Happy

I was a little worried early on that this show would turn into another schoolroom drama set in space, but amazingly they've managed to spend even less time in school than did the cast of Macross Frontier! Akiha seems so blissfully unconcerned about this --such a loveable lass she is.

And, ah, the girls. Lucky Nina, eagerly grabbing Itsuki's shapely spoiler[derrière] like that. I keep thinking whenever Leopard fires off his cannon that Akiha might not yet again end up face planted on the floor, legs akimbo and rear up in the air, smouldering exhaustedly and looking for all the world as if she's just been shagged within an inch of her life.

But no, that never seems to change Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3