• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Shinkai's Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool ill have to get this
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
yay, although I was kinda the one who blew this up on the internetz Anime smile just nice to have actual confirmation now.

We all pretty much knew long before that, when this article was posted.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-21/shinkai-hoshi-o-ou-kodomo-licensed-in-north-america

Your post about the domain registration just kind of confirmed it.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Defiantly going to keep an eye on this one. Looks cool.
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Finally some confirmation! Good things come to those who wait.... and wait and... Smile

Definitely preordering as soon as possible.
SymposiumForGeek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
Caught a screening at the New York International Children's Film Festival. It was pretty good, I must say.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:

While I agree with the Oscar run, I just hope its airing in New York earlier didn't somehow disqualify it.

Nope, that wasn't a regular theatre run anyway.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quote
It's weird reading comments that make it sound like this is a new license, since it happened last year. Heck, the article title pretends that it's a new thing, although the story represents thing correctly. Shouldn't it be written more like "Sentai Filmworks Added Shinkai's [...] late last year"? ^^

Blood- wrote:
Very cool. I already own the LE Japanese import, but I may have to double-dippage if there's a dub.

I've got the Japanese LE, too. ADV will probably have to translate a lot of the extras in that set for me to double-dip. If all that they're doing is adding a dub, and perhaps a new subtitle script, I'm not going to bother...
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote
What came to my mind as soon as I read the article was "Finally, Sentai! What the hell took you so long to make the announcement!!!" I still think the folks at Waterloo got screwed. Anyway, I'm happy that it is getting released in such a wide array of formats and that it will include an English dub. I'll definitely be picking up the BD when it comes out to add to my other Shinkai titles. I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it. I've liked all his works so far, so I don't expect anything different from this.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:20 am Reply with quote
Wished they announced this a long time ago. I already sent Japan my money for the BD months ago.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
It was obvious that they already had the title and now they can release it soon!
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This March, it was discovered that the domain "childrenwhochasevoices.com" had been licensed by "S-F Domain," a name that had also registered the domain "thisboycanfightaliens.com," which was listed in Sentai Filmworks's press release for the anime This Boy Can Fight Aliens!.

I would think it worth the $80 (or so) for publishers to go private-listing for the first year. At least that way they could start preparing the site without pre-announcing the license.
KogSothoth wrote:
Now I'd love a blu-ray 3-pack of 5 Centimeters Per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, and The Place Promised in our Early Days Smile

Did you mean a quad-feature (likely 2-disc pak,) which I'd be down for a copy of, or a 3-pack without 5 Centimeters Per Second? Considering that license went back to Bandai, the former is a much longer shot.
suna_suna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Saw it in Japan last summer. definitely a day 1 purchase
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Quote:
This March, it was discovered that the domain "childrenwhochasevoices.com" had been licensed by "S-F Domain," a name that had also registered the domain "thisboycanfightaliens.com," which was listed in Sentai Filmworks's press release for the anime This Boy Can Fight Aliens!.

I would think it worth the $80 (or so) for publishers to go private-listing for the first year. At least that way they could start preparing the site without pre-announcing the license.
KogSothoth wrote:
Now I'd love a blu-ray 3-pack of 5 Centimeters Per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, and The Place Promised in our Early Days Smile

Did you mean a quad-feature (likely 2-disc pak,) which I'd be down for a copy of, or a 3-pack without 5 Centimeters Per Second? Considering that license went back to Bandai, the former is a much longer shot.

Actually, as has already been pointed out, 5cm was licensed by Crunchyroll, not Bandai. It was their one and only physical release. Bandai just distributed the title, in much the same way they've distributed shows for Aniplex of America.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
Hooray! Loving Sentai right now like a girl that just got her Godiva chocolates from her crush; keep licensing great, beautiful movies!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3