• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals C-Control's English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Alunimus wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Watch the final two episodes and tell me it perfectly fits. it's fits as well as fractale, which is to say it does not fit at all because the show couldn't pace itself.
Watched it already and... what's wrong with it? I don't undrstand why you need to look at this series so serious (Pun intend... er, actually not). It's just a shonen with some original ideas and a bunch of strong sides. Of course, it has some weak points and could be more consistant if series had more episodes to show a relationship between some characters. But then again, it could also make "C" more slow-paced show. I just don't think that's a good idea. Maybe I just got used to these strange noitaminA shows with messed-up stories and see their weak sides as something natural. Heh, I dunno.

Anyway, I'll be glad to have this series in a beatiful artbox on my shelf. If only it had a CD with score as a bonus...

you know that the C stands for capitalism and that the show is trying to say capitalism is evil right. the whole thing with the charity guy, the ending for the series, having entrepreneurs fight each other to bankruptcy, which often times leads to sucide.... any of this ringing any bells. and the sad thing is that it can't even do this right versus eden of the east which is a hell of a lot more veiled and does an infinitely better job of making it's point and it's inner works because it can actually handle a plot and not go OHH PRETTY IDEA ME WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, OH PRETTY IDEA ME....
C is horrible in terms of it's story which is a shame because it could have been really really good.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
That's about the size of it. If the show had done ANYTHING but what it did it would have been great.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I thought C was Cthulhu, and he hates poor nations.
thaivuN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I feel this series should have a prequel or sequel, one called: "B: Bush- The Debt of Soul and Possibly Retarded" Laughing
kamui85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
this series problably dropped in raitings and they canceld it... it didn't know its direction and the themes it tried to convey were to great for it ... http://www.amazon.com/Web-Debt-Shocking-Sleight-Trapped/dp/0979560802 read that book instead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2