• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Manga to Return from Latest Hiatus in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
I don't think these guys take years long breaks. But it's pretty irritating to have to wait for them. Months can seem like years in the manga world, especially in the section of magazines that are monthly or bi-monthly.
grapeofdeath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Welshie wrote:
Hasn't Miura taken years long breaks before?

I think the longest he's taken is seven months, but that was when the anime was coming out, so it was understandable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
plastique

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:50 am Reply with quote
Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but does anyone know if the author has said anything in an interview about having another anime series made where the last one left off?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am Reply with quote
plastique wrote:
Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but does anyone know if the author has said anything in an interview about having another anime series made where the last one left off?

I haven't heard of anything like that. Would be nice though, I think a lot of people would want to see the second season. I heard rumors that hinted about him wanting to see it be made, but after he finishes the season. There is nothing to confirm for that, but I think at this point it would make sense because then they wouldn't have to go and mess up the ending again.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote
Welshie wrote:
This makes me happy. I was hoping it wouldn't be a long, year(s) long hiatus.

Why would he take years off Berserk to play Idol Master and watch Nico Douga videos of Idol Master?

When the hiatus was announced, Miura also announced he had bought Idol Master and an X-Box it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that he took the break to play Idol Masters on his new X-Box.

Just pray he doesn't get Tales of Vesperia.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote
So I know Berserk is super popular and all but has it gotten so huge that Miura just gets to take a few months off whenever he feels like playing Xbox?
Welshie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Welshie wrote:
This makes me happy. I was hoping it wouldn't be a long, year(s) long hiatus.

Why would he take years off Berserk to play Idol Master and watch Nico Douga videos of Idol Master?

When the hiatus was announced, Miura also announced he had bought Idol Master and an X-Box it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that he took the break to play Idol Masters on his new X-Box.

Just pray he doesn't get Tales of Vesperia.

Well, considering what you said was 100% new information to me, I guess you have your answer.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
So I know Berserk is super popular and all but has it gotten so huge that Miura just gets to take a few months off whenever he feels like playing Xbox?

Some artists get special rights because their series is so popular that the publishers need them to come back whenever, and will comply with the needs of the artists. In this case, Berserk is one of Hakusensha's biggest money makers. Like the case of Togashi and Hunter x Hunter, where the fans are screaming for more of the series, but Shueisha knows it needs to be nice to Togashi or they won't get anymore of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2