• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ro-Kyu-Bu! TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Be warned, the picture that dtm42 "approves" of is NSFW. For those who don't want to click on the link, it is a dojinshi image of the very underage Yui lying in bed with Asuna. Both are dressed only in panties and very filmy tops as they embrace. As far as erotic-ized images go, it is several magnitudes higher on the squick scale than anything that appears in Ro-Kyu-Bu! yet dtm42 "approves" of it.

Doujinshi nothing, thats official art. Its a Nyantype poster.

Also, how do you even define age with Yui?

Yes, I was mistaken as to the source of the illustration. That point, however, is irrelevant to my point with respect to dtm42's hypocrisy. You are as incisive as ever. Rolling Eyes As for defining Yui's age - without pinning a specific age on her, I think it's quite clear she is meant be perceived as being child-like. That is her spoiler[function in the anime is it not? A child-like entity whom Kirito and Asuma "adopt?"] Nobody is going to assume she is supposed to represent an 18-year-old female adult, are they?

Let's be clear - I have no particular problem with the image. I merely look at some of dtm42's moral outrage comments in this thread about cute girls doing cute things (in this case, playing basketball) and I'm trying to square those comments with his "approval" of that image. I am very thankful he decided not to get explicit about what form that "approval" would take.

Can you absorb this simple point or do I need to spoonfeed you even further?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Can I point out that your "naked Akari with a fish" avatar makes this entire discussion hiiiiilarious?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Can I point out that your "naked Akari with a fish" avatar makes this entire discussion hiiiiilarious?

Just curious, fencedude - what is your opinion of dtm42 making comments like:

Quote:
There's a massive difference between a fifteen-year-old and an eleven-year-old. Don't try and excuse the indefensible.

... as part of his contention that Ro-Kyu-Bu! is disgusting pedo-bait and then turning around and "approving" of that Yui-Asuna image. Do you see any inherent contradiction in that position? Any thoughts on that topic that you'd like to share with the class?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Keep it on-topic, people. Blood-, you're acting like you're trying to pick a fight here. Drop it NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, there you have it folks. You can watch two episodes of Ro-Kyu-Bu! and dismiss it as "disgusting" pedobait, but if someone makes a valid observation of your hypocritical approval of a child-like figure half-nakedly embracing another half-naked female, that's off-topic and spoiling for a fight? Brilliant. Rolling Eyes

[Mod Edit: Again, it's not what you were arguing but once agains the direct and insulting method in which you chose to do so.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
well, at least now i finally know who the character in your icon is. been bugging for a while as i was certain i had seen her before. been a long time since i've watched that show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Oddly enough, there was an image in the recent Upotte! Ova of the English girl/assault rifle hugging a fish in a similar manner. I think two examples officially qualifies it as a meme...

Last edited by Blood- on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
i just watched that. it was pretty hilarious.
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Why did this thread turned into a pedo debate?

Because people see pedo in everything. Even shows they never watched. For stuff that never actually happened or was even implied to happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8