• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids TV Replaces FoxBox

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cubs2084

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote
It almost sounds as if you LIKE 4Kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sketchee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
This isn't an unheard of change. It's actually a fairly normal idea. Ten years ago, every cartoon block was named this way. I'm not sure if everyone has heard of Walt Disney, but the company that bears his name used to have a weekday television block, the Disney Afternoon.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:

Disgust at people overreacting to a name change with almost zero effect on the anime fanbase at large means Toboe's automatically a 4Kids fan? That's new...damn, I must be 4Kids Fanboy #1, then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Disgust at people overreacting to a name change with almost zero effect on the anime fanbase at large means Toboe's automatically a 4Kids fan? That's new...damn, I must be 4Kids Fanboy #1, then.

Be careful. We can have you silenced. Laughing
cubs2084

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
cubs2084 wrote:

I meant to quote the topic creator. I was refering to him, not Toboe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:

I meant to quote the topic creator. I was refering to him, not Toboe.

Tempest? I can't speak to his views on 4kids as a company, but he was merely pointing out that they made a pretty good move. You can hate the company to death, but it's still a good chance for them, if they play it right.
sinistertaco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Toboe wrote:
Who even cares about this anyway? So they're changing the name of a children's television block. This has absolutely zero effect on anime fans, even the ones who cry about edits to their "oh so mature" shows like Yugioh.

Since when have anime fans actuallyneeded a reason to bitch? They currently make comic fanboys look tame by comparison (mostly because of the ill informed, ignorant, and half baked ideas about bussiness that seem to permeate otaku land) , and that's no small task.
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quote
sinistertaco wrote:
Toboe wrote:
Who even cares about this anyway? So they're changing the name of a children's television block. This has absolutely zero effect on anime fans, even the ones who cry about edits to their "oh so mature" shows like Yugioh.

Since when have anime fans actually needed a reason to bad word? They currently make comic fanboys look tame by comparison (mostly because of the ill informed, ignorant, and half baked ideas about bussiness that seem to permeate otaku land) , and that's no small task.

Well put,sinistertaco.
darkxodia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
im a bit unclear about what has just happened? are they saying that there is now more foxbox but is now called 4kids? or is it still foxbox but run'd by 4kids? Confused please excuse my dumbness!

~darkxodia
dart336

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
damn 4kids, they srew everything up.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
darkxodia wrote:
im a bit unclear about what has just happened? are they saying that there is now more foxbox but is now called 4kids? or is it still foxbox but run'd by 4kids? Confused please excuse my dumbness!

~darkxodia

Yes, 4Kids got rid of the FOXBOX and renamed it to 4Kids TV. The change has already taken place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3