• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Launch Inuyasha: The Final Act Simulcast on Saturday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g*ni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Hell for all i know they may not even have the dub broadcasts on Adult Swim,cause after the stupid decision they did with the Naruto Shippuden broadcast,anything is out of the window now,including viz media doing to this dub version broadcasts like what they did to the naruto shippuden TV boradcast.

There's a good change that AS still wants it. Even when they started cutting anime left and right they kept airing episodes of IY every Saturday.
Predatory_Instinct

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Though a part of me still thinks that there are other manga that deserve anime adaptions more than Inuyasha, I am happy that I'll get to see more Sesshomaru.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Good to know that 'Monster' is underway.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:
This is awesome news. I can't wait to watch it.

Same here. I honestly never thought this would happen, but am happy and excited about this though. I look forward to watching this in English. Hopefully on Adult Swim, but I am greatful there is a final season.

As usual, Viz Media continues to impress me and please me immensely. Thanks for all your hard work Viz Media!

I will be only watching the English Dub Smile.

vashfanatic wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
I know its a bit much but I was hoping Adult Swim Simulcast with dub. Yeah I know its alot but maybe one day we will get lucky.

Edit: They should stream on FUNimations Video portal.. I'd enjoy that that's the easiest site for me to access I just went on Shonen Sunday and I can't find the video section and I hate Hulu >_> Who wants to watch Commercials...

You want it simulcast on Adult Swim with a dub (which would be physically impossible to do well).

Why would it be impossible?

vulcanraven01 wrote:
LOL @ the simulcast dub comment.

Why are you LOLing at it? I think it's very possible.

Daimao Raki wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
I know its a bit much but I was hoping Adult Swim Simulcast with dub. Yeah I know its alot but maybe one day we will get lucky.

Edit: They should stream on FUNimations Video portal.. I'd enjoy that that's the easiest site for me to access I just went on Shonen Sunday and I can't find the video section and I hate Hulu >_> Who wants to watch Commercials...

You can't be serious on the first part right?

He was being quite serious about the first part.

CoolyChaN wrote:
I hope they will bring back the same cast for the dub.

They better, or else >.>

bayoab wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Will never happen with [as]. Ever. Until they change their procedures. Kurokami US staff said [as] was out of the question because they require the media far in advance.

You sir are a pessimist, you should think more optimisticly like me Anime smile.

mglittlerobin wrote:
Simulcast dubs are impossible to do, I heard it mentioned on a panel on YouTube, some people who worked at Funimation got asked the question and they said it wasn't possible because the Japanese give the TV stations their episodes like right after they finish and then they air them on TV and then they go back and fix them, so it's virtually impossible to do because the English dub companies use the fixed up version to dub the anime.

Then how was the Kurokami simulcast dub possible?

everydaygamer wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
Simulcast dubs are impossible to do, I heard it mentioned on a panel on YouTube, some people who worked at Funimation got asked the question and they said it wasn't possible because the Japanese give the TV stations their episodes like right after they finish and then they air them on TV and then they go back and fix them, so it's virtually impossible to do because the English dub companies use the fixed up version to dub the anime.

actually they did it with the anime kurokami the anime was dubbed in English using i guess the storyboard animations instead of the finished product like they usually do and they were able to air the english dub simultaneously with the japanese broadcast.

Yup, they sure did Smile.

LagannImpact wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:

actually they did it with the anime kurokami the anime was dubbed in English using i guess the storyboard animations instead of the finished product like they usually do and they were able to air the english dub simultaneously with the japanese broadcast.

Would you really WANT them to do something like that with an anime the caliber of InuYasha? Not matching the mouth flaps seemingly didn't hurt Kurokami, but it might not be the same for InuYasha. However, there is a caveat here, and it relates to the show's nature as a 26-episode show, ironically enough:

What if there WAS a 2-season structure to IY: TFA, and this is just the first season? Could it be possible for [as] to simulcast the 2nd season after giving the first season dub a try starting sometime in the spring? What they did with Code Geass R2 was somewhat similar, starting it right after the end of the first run of the first season. Kurokami was impossible because they wouldn't have the time slot, but in the case of a 2nd season of TFA, if it is even going to be dubbed, it could start right after the first season dub...

...but then again, of course we don't even know if the series is going to be dubbed at all, so LOTS OF SPECULATION here!

I never noticed any problems at all with the Kurokami English Dub Smile!

Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Viz has epic failed with Disney and Shippuden. How could this be any different for some people. Put it on CrunchyRoll and more people could see it.

I actually love the fact that Naruto Shippuden Dub will be airing on Disney Anime hyper Smile!

jr0904 wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Your not the only one who don't like hulu's commercials. When i watched the uncut dub versions of naruto on hulu,i always get the same stupid interuptions.

Also it's not known if they'll do a dub version let alone have the old Ocean Studios cast return.

Hell for all i know they may not even have the dub broadcasts on Adult Swim,cause after the stupid decision they did with the Naruto Shippuden broadcast,anything is out of the window now,including viz media doing to this dub version broadcasts like what they did to the naruto shippuden TV boradcast.

Viz Media WILL English DUB this, using ALL of the old cast.

g*ni wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

There's a good change that AS still wants it. Even when they started cutting anime left and right they kept airing episodes of IY every Saturday.

Adult Swim will air it for sure, I have do doubt at all in my mind Very Happy.
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Because dubs take time. You've got to do the casting, round up your troops, record the dialog, and tediously edit the footage. And by the time you're done with that, you're not looking at a "simulcast" anymore, you're looking at streaming a month after the air date, completely negating the point.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Quote:

Because dubs take time. You've got to do the casting, round up your troops, record the dialog, and tediously edit the footage. And by the time you're done with that, you're not looking at a "simulcast" anymore, you're looking at streaming a month after the air date, completely negating the point.

As others mentioned earlier, 1 word: Kurokami. Simulcast dub and sub in Japan and America. They dubbed off animation tests or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadwing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the new Inuyasha episodes will get picked up by Adult Swim. If they do, it probably won't start airing until at least the New Year, but I wouldn't mind. I'm not really keen on having to watch it on my computer and would much rather watch it on TV. My computer isn't exactly good for watching videos (plus it has a crummy sound system). It'll play most small to medium standard-def video files fine, but as they become larger, frame tearing and poor frame rate get to be huge problems. It also has problems with certain sites' players; I tried watching the new Family Guy on Hulu (the first time I've used that site) since I missed it last night, and the frame rate was terrible enough to make it unwatchable. That's obviously not a problem for TV broadcasts, plus I have a decent stereo soundsystem for my home theatre (Yamaha HTR-5230 receiver and two 8" Infinity Entra One bookshelf speakers; not exactly high-end, but still sounds good).

Of course, considering AS (and CN as a whole) has been marginalizing anime over the last couple of years, they may not pick up the new Inuyasha eps. Inuyasha was one of their better-rated anime, so they might pick them up, but I'm not holding my breath. If they don't, I guess that means I need to buy more RAM (I think that's my computer's problem; 512 MB isn't a lot, is it?) or just wait until it comes out on DVD.

Now, Monster coming on TV is news I can use. I hear that's a really good show.

Last edited by Deadwing on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
g*ni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
As others mentioned earlier, 1 word: Kurokami. Simulcast dub and sub in Japan and America. They dubbed off animation tests or something.

Its not impossible. But for all intents and purposes it might as well be.

The kurokami simulcast is really more of a market test aired through a limited market cable only network; though it was available on the internet streamed shortly after.

Airing it through AS as a simulcast really is impossible... at this time. I would be shocked if any established network jumped on-board and made this happen. Too much red tape. It would be one heck of a pitch to a SVP.

The best you can expect for a network like CN is a 1 month delay. And even then I would have to give my props to whomever used their voodoo doll to make it happen.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
g*ni wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:

Its not impossible. But for all intents and purposes it might as well be.

The kurokami simulcast is really more of a market test aired through a limited market cable only network; though it was available on the internet streamed shortly after.

Airing it through AS as a simulcast really is impossible... at this time. I would be shocked if any established network jumped on-board and made this happen. Too much red tape. It would be one heck of a pitch to a SVP.

The best you can expect for a network like CN is a 1 month delay. And even then I would have to give my props to whomever used their voodoo doll to make it happen.

Exactly. This is a case of something that could be done, but probably shouldn't be. It would require that material was provided well in advance, which, as has been pointed out, is contradictory to the traditional methods, and the Japanese companies tend to be more than a little reluctant to try new things (using the internet, immediate box sets, etc). It could probably be ready to go on an internet stream relatively fast, but a TV network will likely have certain standards that they expect, so the same shortcuts may not be available. Also, let's consider how much the companies involved would have to bust their humps to get it ready in time, for a broadcast that might not even make money because monetizing these things has yet to be truly pinned down. And of course there is the matter of using an unfinished product to dub with increases the likelihood of something being off, and then then internets would explode with the usual rage that would, naturally, forget the massive constraints preventing the perfection they demand.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Well the show is up on Hulu, http://www.hulu.com/inuyasha-the-final-act

but it has no subtitles as of yet, hows the other site is suppose to be on doing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4