• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-02-17

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quote
This is how I am with LOST (ironically, also on its 6th, and last, season). 60 minutes watching it, then countless hours arguing/discussing on the forums about it. Study time really suffers. Anyway, great comic this week. Very Happy
Akatsukiwolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quote
I can't focus on studying when not watching anime. Especially on Math, I fall asleep looking at numbers. I NEED ANIME TO STUDY!!! Very Happy
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 am Reply with quote
BWAHAHA! It's like my everyday life, only with more friends and the actual intent to study at some point!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wooga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 am Reply with quote
This happened to me today. How topical.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:33 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy I got into anime after I graduated. I hated studying to begin with (rarely did it anyways) and anime wouldn't of made it any easier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
I can relate to this (as I am sure others can) but assuming Paula is in college, its not a wise idea to put off studying for anime or manga. Graduating is more important and classes are really expensive these days.

After hard work and knowing that all your work is done, anime and manga is actually better in my opinion. In short, study hard, it will eventually pay off one day.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I did that A LOT during high school and college and many times finished my major project just 15 minutes before I had to present it, and you would think I learned right? Not so much. I happened to be single last Sunday (Valentine's day for those of y'all that are like me and forget these things...) so I figured it would be a good idea to marathon all 45 episodes of Twelve Kingdoms in 1 sitting. Slept for bout 4 hours, woke up at 7am, started watching at 8, and was finished at bout 2:30am the next morning. Ended up going to sleep at about 4. Apparently I had to wake up at 6 to go to work, and we got a major customer visiting this week that we have to demo all our (unfinished...) stuff for. Oops.
malkits24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:11 am Reply with quote
Ah, the classic anime hangover.

You would be sitting there with your friends after watching some Lucky Star. You say to yourself, "That's enough, I need to get home. Got that important prestation to do for tomorrow." But then your friend breaks out that special edition Evangelion box set he/she holds for special occasions and you think to yourself 'Well, just one episode more won't hurt'...

Next thing you know, its the next day. You wake up, only to find yourself on the floor decked out in a plugsuit and wearing a straw hat. Asuka and Kamina are sleeping on top of each other in a corner. There is a pile of anime, manga and body ligaments in the another corner of the room. And in the back, what you can barely percive to be an attemped paper mache recreation of Wing Zero, done at 1/4 scale. Keyword being attempted.

You stagger out the room in a haze, only to realize that the room in question is the same place you're giving your presentation. XP
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I always procrastinate when I should be doing course work :/ We have this week off so I was planning to do a lot of work but at about 10 a friend called and asked me if I wanted to catch a movie and I agreed without hesitation. (we saw the frog princess, it was so embarrassing; we were the only teenagers there)
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
I always procrastinate when I should be doing course work :/ We have this week off so I was planning to do a lot of work but at about 10 a friend called and asked me if I wanted to catch a movie and I agreed without hesitation. (we saw the frog princess, it was so embarrassing; we were the only teenagers there)

Oh that brings back memories... I went to see Shrek and The Incredibles the day they came out, and I seemed to be the only one at either movie that was older than 15 and didn't have a kid with me. Let's just say I was getting some stares.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Hardgear wrote:
Yorozuya wrote:

Oh that brings back memories... I went to see Shrek and The Incredibles the day they came out, and I seemed to be the only one at either movie that was older than 15 and didn't have a kid with me. Let's just say I was getting some stares.

For Shrek (which had plenty of jokes that would zoom over kids' heads) and a Pixar film (the Incredibles, no less, AKA the FF film we should have got but didn't)?! Apparently people like to stare at people with good taste in movies nowadays. Seriously, I think it would be quicker to name my college friends who DIDN'T see every Pixar film out there. And almost everyone's seen Shrek (at least the first one, I disliked the sequel, and didn't bother with 3).
mckg1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
This happends to me on weekends when i have homework but during the weekend i just forget and watch anime. During the week im better on keeping track on what is do on which date but when work is assigned during the weekend i either forget or say to my self "ok.. i'll finish watching or playing "insert anime title or game title here" then by the time i am done its monday 12am and i just go to bed and finish whatever i have to do the same morning. I can relate Alot. Cool
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
For Shrek (which had plenty of jokes that would zoom over kids' heads) and a Pixar film (the Incredibles, no less, AKA the FF film we should have got but didn't)?! Apparently people like to stare at people with good taste in movies nowadays. Seriously, I think it would be quicker to name my college friends who DIDN'T see every Pixar film out there. And almost everyone's seen Shrek (at least the first one, I disliked the sequel, and didn't bother with 3).

I didn't much get it either. Apparently on opening day it is mostly kids and their parents. At least at those 2 theaters.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure no one is this careless when there's a huge test the next day Anime hyper
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
man this make me feel old...

why you young whippersnappers don't know how good you got it... back in '85 I found out the hard way that Robotech and Engineering DiffEQ don't mix that well, especially being the only one in Arizona dorm with a VCR to record the thing...

"you're watching cartoons? wait, did that f-14 just change into a robot?"

heh, how little did I know then...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4