• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Confirms Dub for Inuyasha: The Final Act

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksharingan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
This is bloody sweet! Finally, now my InuYasha Bluray collection will be complete.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Emerje wrote:

They only rescued those titles (along with the likes of Hellsing Ultimate, Shana and so on) for distribution, they never announced plans to continue them past what Geneon produced.
Vandread was a full re-license, not part of the distribution agreement.

I would assume the dub on the TV series is still that of Geneon so it sounds like one of their usual license rescues to me. OAVs are rarely part of a package deal with a TV license and Geneon didn't have the OAVs so that was full license for sure. The Encyclopedia still lists Geneon as the license holder and FUNi as distributor.

When it comes to not doing a dub, the problem is FUNi hates using third party studios and they aren't about to fly in the same cast from CA to dub the OAVs (this isn't Evangelion, Slayers, or Tenchi we're talking about) and a new cast on a single box set would be too jarring to the ears. So likely they figured they just wouldn't do a dub at all.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
This is bloody sweet! Finally, now my InuYasha Bluray collection will be complete.

Viz Media never released InuYasha to Blu-Ray in the U.S., and Viz Media will not be releasing InuYasha: The Final Act to Blu-Ray in the U.S. either.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
darksharingan wrote:

Viz Media never released InuYasha to Blu-Ray in the U.S., and Viz Media will not be releasing InuYasha: The Final Act to Blu-Ray in the U.S. either.

Now I understand for the original series, but thinking they won't release The Final Act to Blu-Ray in almost 2011 is just plain ignunt!

Anyway, SOOOO glad to see this confirmed! Now looks like my dream [as] anime lineup for Fall 2010 is close to coming true! By October we'll probably have:

11 PM - InuYasha: The Final Act
11:30 PM - Kekkaishi
12 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
12:30 AM - Bleach

As for the DVD releases, I'm thinking there will be 3 packages that will roughly follow the 3 ending themes. Episodes 1-8 or 1-9 will probably be out by Christmas 2010, with 9-17, 10-17, or 10-18 to follow about Valentine's Day 2011, and finally 18 or 19 to 26 about Easter 2011...but that's just an educated guess.

Just for the record, I've seen through Episode 21 of Final Act. 5 more to go...

OH, and JUST to stay true to my screen name, don't even get me started on the fact that the Gurren Lagann movies won't have English dubs...Bandai, YOU BLEW IT!!!
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
darksharingan wrote:

So glad to see this confirmed! Now looks like my dream [as] anime lineup for Fall 2010 is close to coming true! By October we'll probably have:

11 PM - InuYasha: The Final Act
11:30 PM - Kekkaishi
12 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
12:30 AM - Bleach

Ermm, Kekkaishi airs at 12:30 A.M. That has already been officially confirmed awhile ago.

So the schedule would look more like this knowing Adult Swim.

12:00 A.M. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
12:30 A.M. - Kekkaishi
1:00 A.M. - InuYasha: The Final Act
1:30 A.M. - Bleach

Bleach could switch/trade time slots with InuYasha: The Final Act, but that should be the correct "future" schedule once Bleach comes back and InuYasha: The Final Act starts airing.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...you may be right about that, but the real question is will [as] try to blow through the Amagai arc at 2 episodes a week once they have new Bleach? If so, we might actually have 5 anime premieres episodes a week by October! Or maybe FMA:B really is taking a break like a lot of people believe it will. Then we'd be left with IY:TFA, Kekkaishi, and 2 Bleach episodes.
kagome_twin15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
Wow you guys really got this down to a science ^^ Umk. Seeing that the old Inuyasha is going threw yet another re run and pretty fast I might add. They may just fill the Inuyasha slot. My theory is to merge Inuyasha and Inuyasha the final act. So nothing will be moved in the end.

Also i noticed. while watching adult swim lastnight that for saturday there is a list of Anime that were receving new episodes soon, and Inuyasha was one of them. Could this be a sign?
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a difference half a year makes. The English dub of InuYasha: The Final Act is still in production, apparently, and we haven't heard any new news in almost a year, since Kelly Sheridan broke the news. But if there is a bit of a ray of hope, I believe [as] might FINALLY get it after Kekkaishi ends in June, and put it on in a much better timeslot than it got in Japan (1 a.m. or even 12:30 a.m.)

Here's why:
Next Saturday (4/9/11)
12 a.m. - Bleach (199 of God-Knows-How-Many)
12:30 a.m. - Kekkaishi (45 of 52)
1 a.m. - FMA: Brotherhood (40 of 64)
1:30 a.m. - FLCL (6 episodes)

Well, what happens 6 weeks later (5/21/11)? Could we see:
12 a.m. - Bleach (205 of GKHM)
12:30 a.m. - Kekkaishi (51 of 52)
1 a.m. - FMA: Brotherhood (46 of 64)
1:30 a.m. - InuYasha Episode 166?

And that's what we see, of course the following is academic:
First week of Summer (6/4/11)
12 a.m. - Bleach (207 of GKHM)
12:30 a.m. - FMA: Brotherhood (48 of 64)
1 a.m. - InuYasha: The Final Act (1 of 26)!
1:30 a.m. - Kekkaishi reruns x2

Last edited by LagannImpact on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The dub for Inuyasha:FA seems to have finished up around the start of this year (2011). This info comes from a comment made in one of Trevor Devall's podcast (I think it was the Paul Dobson one from December). Devall's a Canadian VA who does a really fun podcast that is worth checking out if you want to hear more about the Canadian dub actors (http://trevordevall.com/ or check ITunes).

At this point I think it's clear that the hold up is Adult Swim's schedule, though to be honest, I don't remember AS every officially announcing they had IY:FA . My instincts tell me they do have it but the third Anime for last year was never announced to my knowledge. Best guess is it will take over for Kekkaishi when it ends it's first run. BTW, I'm just now collecting the ratings date from the AS thread on the subject (I had family in town and didn't remember to drop in and get it) and Kekkaishi actually came in second for the night on March 12th! Proof someone is watching the show, even if it doesn't seem to be online Anime fandom Wink .
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
FMAvatard wrote:
^ Funimation also didn't pick up the second and third seasons of Hell Girl.

They only rescued those titles (along with the likes of Hellsing Ultimate, Shana and so on) for distribution, they never announced plans to continue them past what Geneon produced. My hopes aren't very high for them getting the Black Lagoon OAVs either.

I bought the Vandread DVDs as they were coming out years ago. I'm hoping FUNi eventually streams the OAVs so I can see them, I don't intend to buy the box set.

Emerje

Last year at AnimeExpo, funimation announced the licenses to Shana Season 2 and beyond, the Black Lagoon OVAs, the original Hellsing and Ultimate, along with several other Geneon Universal titles.

Geneon USA essentially no longer exists. Their distribution deal with Funi ended and the titles that were part of the deal are now either out of print or have been picked up Funimation. Gungrave for instance is now a Funi title and is being re-released by them on dvd and bluray.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
The dub for Inuyasha:FA seems to have finished up around the start of this year (2011). This info comes from a comment made in one of Trevor Devall's podcast (I think it was the Paul Dobson one from December). Devall's a Canadian VA who does a really fun podcast that is worth checking out if you want to hear more about the Canadian dub actors (http://trevordevall.com/ or check ITunes).

At this point I think it's clear that the hold up is Adult Swim's schedule, though to be honest, I don't remember AS every officially announcing they had IY:FA . My instincts tell me they do have it but the third Anime for last year was never announced to my knowledge. Best guess is it will take over for Kekkaishi when it ends it's first run. BTW, I'm just now collecting the ratings date from the AS thread on the subject (I had family in town and didn't remember to drop in and get it) and Kekkaishi actually came in second for the night on March 12th! Proof someone is watching the show, even if it doesn't seem to be online Anime fandom Wink .

So what you're saying is my prediction is actually quite plausible! Another source I read said that it just began dubbing last month, and we're talking more like September. I guess we'll see...
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
But if there is a bit of a ray of hope, I believe [as] might FINALLY get it after Kekkaishi ends in June, and put it on in a much better timeslot than it got in Japan (1 a.m. or even 12:30 a.m.)

I agree that an AS airing is all but inevitable. The question is whether it's going to replace Kekkaishi fairly soon or Brotherhood a bit further down the line.

I see there were a few more Bleach movies after DiamondDust Rebellion, so it also wouldn't surprise me at all if one or two of them are aired at some point. Maybe one after Kekkaishi ends and another after Brotherhood ends? In fact, I'd be very surprised if they aren't aired.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, Funimation didn't dub Vandread either. It's just a reissue of the original Geneon/Pioneer release, with the OVAs included. I'm not surprised they aren't dubbed. And since I already own the giant 8-disc boxset, not sure if I'd double dip for it either.

I did, a proud owner of the awesome shiny 8-disc boxset & the 5-dvds-in-one-case Funi boxset. (It's nice to hear someone else is too.)

I didn't expect the OVAs to be dubbed, and I welcomed it as I personally loathed the dubs. They are my go-to example for heinous dubs; Dita's voice breaks glass and freaks me out more than Stephanie Sheh's "stereotypical anime girl" voice, which was downright creepy to hear in person. The dub kept me away from Geneon dubs until Ergo Proxy, which I didn't see until 2010. So I missed awesomeness Crying or Very sad (Yes, that means I did suffer Haibane Renmei in Japanese, with subtitles that completely removed all nuance from the show.)

That said, the OVAs aren't that great. They each sum up their respective season in 90 minutes or so, and they're made up of footage from the actual show, with maybe 5-10 minutes of new content. I didn't notice anything very impressive, mostly scenes of the pirates in their base, leading to some minor development of the #2 pirate who leads them while the Nirvana is on its wayward quest home. IMO they were hard to watch after seeing the show recently, as it felt redundant.

But, I'm a huge fan of the series, and did get conned into buying bootlegs of the OVAs, so I bought the OVAs to redeem myself. Also, it helped that they were under 20 bucks on Amazon when I bought em. Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Wow, what a difference half a year makes. The English dub of InuYasha: The Final Act is still in production, apparently, and we haven't heard any new news in almost a year, since Kelly Sheridan broke the news. But if there is a bit of a ray of hope, I believe [as] might FINALLY get it after Kekkaishi ends in June, and put it on in a much better timeslot than it got in Japan (1 a.m. or even 12:30 a.m.)

Here's why:
Next Saturday (4/9/11)
12 a.m. - Bleach (199 of God-Knows-How-Many)
12:30 a.m. - Kekkaishi (45 of 52)
1 a.m. - FMA: Brotherhood (40 of 64)
1:30 a.m. - FLCL (6 episodes)

Well, what happens 6 weeks later (5/21/11)? Could we see:
12 a.m. - Bleach (205 of GKHM)
12:30 a.m. - Kekkaishi (51 of 52)
1 a.m. - FMA: Brotherhood (46 of 64)
1:30 a.m. - InuYasha Episode 166?

And that's what we see, of course the following is academic:
First week of Summer (6/4/11)
12 a.m. - Bleach (207 of GKHM)
12:30 a.m. - FMA: Brotherhood (48 of 64)
1 a.m. - InuYasha: The Final Act (1 of 26)!
1:30 a.m. - Kekkaishi reruns x2

Wait, you mean there are only 52 episodes of Kekkaishi? Great, just great. So basically, it's Dragon Quest: Dai No Diabokuen all over again.

In Dai's case, the anime stopped just before the series was really getting good. Oh the irony, because that is about to happen to Kekkashi. Also, the manga is about to conclude next week, so that probably means the series will be finished once and likely for all.

Oh well, at least there is Bleach and I've really been enjoying the last few episodes. Then again, not much beats Shonen Jump after a long day of hard work.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Then again, not much beats Shonen Jump after a long day of hard work.
Ew. Laughing

Anyway, I don't care much for Inuyash. Hell, I don't care much for anything that [as] is airing right now other than Kekkaishi, so after it ends, I might end up taking a break from their Saturday nights, for the most part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4