• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Summer Wars' Current U.S. Theatrical Dates Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
Why are there no theaters in Sacramento, CA that will be hosting the premiere?

It may get here eventually, if the film reels keep touring small theaters around the country. Pester the Crest and Tower theaters, and you might get results.

Thanks I will do that.

Ingraman wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
I can not go to any theaters in San Francisco or Los Angeles, too far away Anime cry.

Get a ride to the Sacramento Amtrak station, take one of the Amtrak Capitol Corridor trains to Richmond, get on a BART train going to SF (or change trains to one going that way in Oakland), get off at the Montgomery St. station, catch MUNI bus route 38 or 38L going west on Geary, and get off the bus at a stop near the Landmark Bridge Theater. Going to or from the theater, you could stop off at the SF Japan Center and frolic in the Kinokuniya bookstore, etc.

Sorry but that costs money. I would only have enough $$$ for the movie and snacks.
Anime_Rapture

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
The Siskel Center in Chicago says that it's playing until the 9th.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
I can not go to any theaters in San Francisco or Los Angeles, too far away T_T.

Get a ride to the Sacramento Amtrak station, take one of the Amtrak Capitol Corridor trains to Richmond, get on a BART train going to SF (or change trains to one going that way in Oakland), get off at the Montgomery St. station, catch MUNI bus route 38 or 38L going west on Geary, and get off the bus at a stop near the Landmark Bridge Theater. Going to or from the theater, you could stop off at the SF Japan Center and frolic in the Kinokuniya bookstore, etc.

Sorry but that costs money. I would only have enough $$$ for the movie and snacks.

People still buy food at theaters? ^^;

Looks like Amtrak would cost you in the vicinity of $45, plus BART/MUNI. Greyhound would cost you about $40 (Sac-SF), plus MUNI. I suppose that with both options, MUNI can be ignored if you like to walk.

Does the rest of your family completely dislike anime? If you can't talk them into going to see the movie with you, then maybe you can talk them into spending a day in SF, during which time you can go see the movie. Trying to get them to do that on Xmas weekend or the week after might be hard, though. ^_^

You don't have any anime-watching friends who can drive and would be interested? That would really spread the costs around. Have you tried going to the anime gathering that takes place at a (the?) Rancho Cordova library, or any other that happens in the Sacramento area? Check things out via your favorite search engine.
Rozuchamie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quote
DrakeWants2Speak wrote:
North Carolina never gets any love Sad

D: Seriously, we rarely, rarely ever get any movies. ; w; The only times we do are also when I find out about them too late or can't go see them.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
Somebody should update the list. I just got word that Summer Wars will have one week of showings starting 12/24 to 12/30 at Harkins Valley Art in Tempe, Arizona.

EDIT: Added end date.

Last edited by luffypirate on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I wish some of those movies would hit the mid south. I would settle for TX, AR, TN.

The last one, Eureka Seven, I had to pass. It was a 50 mile drive one way in the pouring rain to see Mecha on Surfboards. No rain, yes, I would have been there just to support anime movies being shown. Even if it is just one night and not my favorite subject matter.

Hopefully some movies will come back soon! It's hard to top anime on a big screen Smile
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
gwdone wrote:
I wish some of those movies would hit the mid south. I would settle for TX, AR, TN.

The last one, Eureka Seven, I had to pass. It was a 50 mile drive one way in the pouring rain to see Mecha on Surfboards. No rain, yes, I would have been there just to support anime movies being shown. Even if it is just one night and not my favorite subject matter.

Hopefully some movies will come back soon! It's hard to top anime on a big screen Smile

Don't just sit around! Email the distributor and let him know you want it!!! I've been hounding him and my local theater for a week now and it finally paid off. Tell all your friends!!
Pinch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
So, I am guessing that these theaters will use the Blu-ray disc to screen the film? I seem to recall a few anime blog posters mentioning that their local theaters used Blu-ray for the Evangelion movie, which I thought was a little unusual.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Pinch wrote:
So, I am guessing that these theaters will use the Blu-ray disc to screen the film? I seem to recall a few anime blog posters mentioning that their local theaters used Blu-ray for the Evangelion movie, which I thought was a little unusual.

I think that I saw a disc version of Summer Wars at a recent film festival in San Francisco. We had Japanese audio, but I think that there were Funimation production/dub credits at the end. The video was fuzzier than I'd prefer, so I hope that it was either a problem with the video projector, or we were seeing a DVD (the latter would be really annoying, since I did pay a typical price for the movie ticket).
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
I can not go to any theaters in San Francisco or Los Angeles, too far away Anime cry.

People still buy food at theaters? ^^;

Looks like Amtrak would cost you in the vicinity of $45, plus BART/MUNI. Greyhound would cost you about $40 (Sac-SF), plus MUNI. I suppose that with both options, MUNI can be ignored if you like to walk.

Does the rest of your family completely dislike anime? If you can't talk them into going to see the movie with you, then maybe you can talk them into spending a day in SF, during which time you can go see the movie. Trying to get them to do that on Xmas weekend or the week after might be hard, though. Anime smile

You don't have any anime-watching friends who can drive and would be interested? That would really spread the costs around. Have you tried going to the anime gathering that takes place at a (the?) Rancho Cordova library, or any other that happens in the Sacramento area? Check things out via your favorite search engine.

My Last Resort would be begging one of my friends to take me to see it, lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5