• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: s-CRY-ed and Escaflowne on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Hiromi wrote:
I agree that what PMCRW said was the most stupidest thing ever. But aren't you guys being harsh about Fansubs?

No. I only rarely look at fansubs. Everything else I either buy on DVD here in the States, or buy the R2 DVD from Japan. I'm all about making sure the animators get paid.

Back to topic...
*sigh* I wish I had cable... Adult Swim is 10,000 times better now than it was the last time I had access to it (ie when Cowboy Bebop was first aired, and that's about all there was...) I do wish Escaflowne TV was aired again, though. Not for myself, but for all the potential anime fans out there I'm sure would love it. Hopefully the movie will tune them in to the Escaflowne universe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Fansubs? They don't give any credit to the creators.

I can prove you wrong on this. Some if not most people do acknlowedge the real staff at the end. This normally includes staff credits and a thank you. There's one group that even translated the opening credits for Melody of Oblivion on top of the typical thanks and whatnot.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
.Sy wrote:

I can prove you wrong on this. Some if not most people do acknlowedge the real staff at the end. This normally includes staff credits and a thank you. There's one group that even translated the opening credits for Melody of Oblivion on top of the typical thanks and whatnot.

That group did a wonderful job with BECK as well.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I can prove you wrong on this. Some if not most people do acknlowedge the real staff at the end.

And compensation for their work, where does that come from?

(For the record, I'm actually more or less pro-fansub, but they're absolutely no substitute for domestic releases, and people need to buy shows they see via fansub and like.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:02 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
.Sy wrote:

gee I wish I could keep myself financially supported on well-wishes!
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:36 am Reply with quote
Credit and money are two different things, now matter how many video games tell you otherwise. Wink I don't know what fansub groups do when the shows are released. I'm merely reporting what I see. I certainly hope somebody buys the series. I know I'm eyeing MoO but that'll have to come after Scrapped Princess (which is already in my house) and Gunslinger Girl, both of which I originally watched as fansubs.

Now can we please get back on topic? I don't want this to devolve into ye olde fansub debate just yet.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3