• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Drool-Worthy and Dangerous Librarians

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Some of the couples are more of the "I wish they were couples" on the part of the poll maker it seems. Take for instance Kokoro Connect. It seemed pretty obvious to me that the main couple is more likely Iori and Taichi. Now, I like the though of Taichi and Himeko much, much more, but that was, as of the end of the anime, more one sided than a mutual thing. Iori and Taichi seemed like they were more on the cusp of actually being a couple.

The series ended with Iori's revelation that she's not really in love with Taichi at all. The list was accurate. The next episode will pick up with spoiler[her rejecting him.]
kgw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Though I'd have appreciated Eru Chitanda + Hōtarō Oreki from Hyōka, I vote for Lupin and Fujiko, because, well, it's one of the few times I can vote for adult main characters.

And I appreciate the love for Cowboy Beebop, too; though, frankly, I voted for her because I didn't know most of the others.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
On the couples poll, I have to object to Akane and Kogami from Psycho-Pass being added. [ Imho, their relationship is almost strictly work-related, with a deep trust for each other, and more interested in each other's capabilities and in working together to catch criminals rather than with a romantic interest

I get a pretty hardcore Scully x Mulder vibe from them, but regardless, I included them more as a series co-worker couple than strictly romantic. I guess I could have included Shion and Yayoi as it's more explicitly stated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote
Chitanda x Oreki is not on the list after season 1's ending. Shocked
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, did you narrow it down to 6 or is it really as sparse a character niche as I think it is?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
My favorite couple this year was Rizumu and Hibiki from Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future. Or Aira and Shou. But there were no Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future options on there! D:
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
HockeyKamen wrote:
I'm surprised Hamyuts Meseta (Book of Bantorra) didn't make the list. Confused
Yeah I would have picked her over Mattalast. She can kill people by flicking pebbles at them.

Lilith is cute but she really doesn't do anything except whine about how bored she is. Laughing
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
"I was surprised to see Cowboy Bebop's Ed win, mostly because I thought that series might have fallen out of favor by now."

Well I for one was not surprised. The way I see it as long as there are true anime fans (and by "true" I mean refined connoisseurs of the art form) out there Cowboy Bebop will never fade away. Because Cowboy Bebop is to anime what 1942's Casa Blanca is to film, the 1945 Château Mouton-Rothschild is to wine, and the 1966 Ford GT40 is to automobiles-- a masterpiece.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Best couple? Man, that's a tough choice this year for me. Loved so many off this list, but I must say Kirito and Asuna affected me the most, especially their reunion in the real world. It had me tearing up easily. I have to agree with those who thought Yomiko "The Paper" Readman should have been a choice; she was first in my thoughts.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I dont get it either, its says no harem esque pairing yet it looks like every other pairing is from a harem.

And I agree where did you get haruna from? Ayumi likes Euclid, and is technically married to Mael. And savarti actively pursues him. Honestly I would even put Seras over Haruna for a pairing there.

Same thing with Campoine, yea Erica is kinda the main one, but even she has accepted at least one if not all the other girls and vice versa, its not really a situation where you can pick one.

Heroes aesthic on the other hand is a harem where its clear cut, but dont agree with some of the others.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
"I was surprised to see Cowboy Bebop's Ed win, mostly because I thought that series might have fallen out of favor by now."

Well I for one was not surprised. The way I see it as long as there are true anime fans (and by "true" I mean refined connoisseurs of the art form) out there Cowboy Bebop will never fade away. Because Cowboy Bebop is to anime what 1942's Casa Blanca is to film, the 1945 Château Mouton-Rothschild is to wine, and the 1966 Ford GT40 is to automobiles-- a masterpiece.

Makes sense; I'm not a fan of Casablanca either. Sure, it's pretty but once you start picking at the story and the way it's told, certain problems come to the surface. Oh and Ingrid Bergman is the cold herring {cod? Tuna perhaps?} of leading ladies. Like Faye Valentine but with less boobage...

Mayeb Bebop got better after the first ten, maybe I should have only watched the broadcast episodes, maybe if the creators knew how to tell a compelling story involving either A: Losers who are nevertheless really cool or B: Really cool people who just happen to be losers because, God help us, if they happen to succeed in a plot because, as you all know, status quo is god.

Really just like Casablanca...

Quote:

And I agree where did you get haruna from? Ayumi likes Euclid, and is technically married to Mael. And savarti actively pursues him. Honestly I would even put Seras over Haruna for a pairing there.

Strctly speaking, it's a harem ending as everyone except the school girl's immortal[ish]. Picking out Haruna's a bit odd though as she's definitely the little sister type {forever even}. But between a magical garmet girl or vampire ninja, I'd go with a vampire ninja as a frontrunner. Otherwise both members could end up in frilly pink dresses. It's ... different but it's ok if you're into that sort of thing.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
A couple corrections to the list. First, it seems that

Quote:
Dalian, like the other princess bookkeepers are really librarians unto themselves.

should probably read

Quote:
Dalian, like the other princess bookkeepers, is really a library unto herself.

Second, in Mattalast Ballory's entry,

Quote:
where anyone's past may be read in their corresponding book one they're deceased.

"one" should be "once".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3