• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Coolest Character Tournament: Nominations-Minigame

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn it wasn't in my inbox before this morning, but the time stamp has it from Wednesday. Regardless, I have it now.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Because I am a dork, I went through the encyclopedia and picked out which voice actors (English and Japanese) played each of the characters in order to, well, just because. I came up with a few entertaining stats:

Character Played by Most VAs:
Captain Harlock and Lupin III, with 8 each.

Most Typecast...:

Japanese Man: Akio Ohtsuka (Duke Togo, Batou, Black Jack, Kyouraku Shunsui) and Shinichiro Miki (Roy Mustang, Allen Schezar, Kisuke Urehara, Kyuzo)

English Man: Crispin Freeman, J. Michael Tatum and Kirk Thornton all did 4, but David Lucas, Steve Blum and Daniel Andrews (who are all totally different people *wink wink nudge nudge*) combined for 7. (Captain Harlock, Char Anzabel, Eikichi Onizuka, Spike Spiegel, Kazuma, Roger Smith, Mugen)

English Woman: Wendee Lee (Faye Valentine, Fee Carmichael, Twilight Suzuka)

Japanese Woman: No clear victor. Houko Kuwashima, Megumi Hayashibara, Megumi Toyoguchi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Romi Park and Yukari Tamura all did 2 each.

There are 20 characters who lack an English voice.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I just finished and sent in my brackets.

The hardest pick out of the entire bracket for me was choosing between Max Jenius and Shizuo Heiwajima. I really hate you for that, Dorcas! Laughing
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
What's done is done. I'll probably live to regret some of my bracket choices, of course, but at least it should be fun enough as an experience to see how my mix of wishful thinking, pragmatism and randomness works out.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I just finished and sent in my brackets.

The hardest pick out of the entire bracket for me was choosing between Max Jenius and Shizuo Heiwajima. I really hate you for that, Dorcas! Laughing

Me? Sad I didn't make the bracket, blame Key.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting the Guide files for Group A finalized (actually I have them about 75% done overall) and have noticed one big problem:

The write-up for Saber from Fate/stay night is, quite frankly, crap.

It just has a single statement about her "going for the jugular" in a fight without any elaboration. A few others I've come across have been nearly as weak, but in those cases I knew the characters and could flesh them out myself. This series, however, I've never seen.

If someone who actually knows the series would be willing to give her a bit fuller write up (like, say, at least 3-4 sentences), I'd appreciate it and will post it before I put up Group A tomorrow night. Otherwise the crap entry stays and I won't be held responsible.

And Dorcas, it's now looking more like you'll see my entry at close to the last minute. Unexpected big time pressures over the weekend have really screwed up my plans to have this all done by now. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21