• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GJ Club (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So looking at Crunchyroll's subs of the first episode, Kyouya was actually refering to himself as the kouhai, and Shion was saying how the higher animals give to the lower, not the other way around.

So Megiddo was absolutely correct in their assessment. I guess it also explains why he used to call her "Kirara-san."

I also rewatched the first episode, but Kyouya refers to himself as older tham Kirara, and didn't he say something along the lines that Mao would have to prove herself to her, there would be no need for someone to prove they a lower person. And I am quite sure in the wild it is higher animals that eat first, and lower animals share their spoils.

Episode 8

Of course all the Imouto turn out to be friends. I usually don't like the token foreign character but Jill was handled rather well, the English used was pretty good by anime standards. Mao put herself into the Ma-chan situation, at least she became friends with his sister, altough she had to intimidate her own. Interesting how Kasumi can solve third year highschool math despite being a fist year middle school student.

Nice fanservice, but he paid for his own favourite of Mori-san.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I also rewatched the first episode, but Kyouya refers to himself as older tham Kirara, and didn't he say something along the lines that Mao would have to prove herself to her, there would be no need for someone to prove they a lower person. And I am quite sure in the wild it is higher animals that eat first, and lower animals share their spoils.

You're talking about the fansub. Got check Crunchyroll's stream.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I was honestly kinda disappointed they didn't actually go to the spoiler[pool]. And i guess this episode confirms the show is not following the Not Allowed to Grow Up Trope.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
^
Not sure what you mean by that. While Mao looks young, she's still canonically older than the rest of the characters.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
He's talking about how shows like the Simpsons never have their characters age. It's been almost 25 years and Bart is still a 10 year old. Pokemon is another example, and Daily Lives of High School Boys outright says its characters will always be 2nd year high school students.

GJ-Bu isn't doing this, as everyone has advanced a grade since the start of the series.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i brought that up due to the conversation on page 2 where we couldn't decided what grades they were in and whether or not they started a new year in school
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
So I picked up this show not expecting something amazing.

I was proven wrong. Holy shit this show is funny as hell. I've never laughed at an anime this much before. It does what so few SOL anime do: actually be FUNNY. Also, it's got a very attractive art-style. I'm definitely keeping this one.

Also, the sweet rock beat in the beginning of the OP is amazing. I kinda wish the song would've stayed like that, though--the J-POP is okay but the song had so much potential. The ED, on the other hand...someone pass the insulin, because I'm getting cuteness diabetes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
What I like about the opening song is that it actually sounds like kids rather than what you normally get, so it actually rather refreshing. I am going to have to take a look at who the people are that sing this song, a group called Otome Shintō. Okay I found an idol site, and woah they are actally pretty young, ranging from 15 to 13 years old. Actually the youngest is also doing the role of Kirara, which also means she is doing the third ED song.Also makes me think that I like Megumi's because of how natural it sounds too, which luck would have it is also very young (16).

Actually the cast is filled with young tallent, Geraldine's voice is done by another member of Otome Shintō, which is rather impresive since I mentioned that I was quite happy with the pronounciation. And then there is Kasumi's (15) and Seira's (13), who noteworthely both worked on OniAi, another harem show that they both played little sister like characters in. They have all done pretty well.

I will try to find anything else.... oh, the theme song lyrics are apparently done by Hyadain, a few of us should recognise him. And the animation production is by the company who did Yuru Yuri, but they also did Natsuyuki Rendezvous, so it kind of evens itself out.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Dusky, what are you trying to get across here?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Just some trivia.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
There is nothing wrong with learning a little bit about the production values of a show you are enjoying. And isn't it interesting to know that about half the cast are actually relativly young teenagers?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I just find it hilarious that you went into an in depth analysis all because Chagen mentioned he liked the OP
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I already liked the OP, and I just decided to actually look into it then, just something about the offkey that appeals to me.

If you want I can go into in depth of other topics brought up, ANN's encyclopedia makes it very easy to find information out.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
knock yourself out
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I like how the 2 most discussed topics in this thread are the age dilemma and trivia on the opening song.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5