• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV Naruto Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Update: While the Anime Bulletin released this morning indicated that Naruto would debut on September 9th, it was updated before the end of the day to indicate that this is no longer the case. Naruto will now be debuting on September 16th at 9:30pm. Instead, two back-to-back episodes of Inuyasha will air on September 9th.

So now we’ll be two episodes behind Cartoon Network rather than one. I can’t say I’m not dissapointed by that… but after a move like this, I sincerely hope that Viz is going to give YTV the unedited version, or else there will be much fist-shaking. Much fist-shaking indeed.
darkxodia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Chris316 wrote:
12:00 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (confirmed)

i cant believe that ghost in the shell is coming to YTV! friday nites will rock! oh and w00t...good that naruto is coming..waiting to see this series for a while... Very Happy
taconinja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote
That's kinda funny. Everyone's all "oh man, canadians get it first!" and the canadians were all like "yes, for once we get something before america." and now we're all like "bwa ha ha, canada sucks."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chronium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
well if YTV is doing 2 episodes on the 16th then I dont mind since it dosnt change the difference in canadian american airing ratio, we'll still get naruto before the US
.Sy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I heard Naruto on CN gets two episodes the first night too.

Last edited by .Sy on Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Actually, I heard Naruto on CN gets two episodes the first night too.mreow

It should be two on both ends. Thats how seasons premiered over in Japan, with an hour special. Poor Canada though. You have to wait another week to re-see the first episode you've probably already seen 5 months back. *hurray for fansubs* Because there ARE some of us who have less of a life, and torrent stuff untill our eyes bleed....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
It seems that we'll only be getting one episode on the debut. However, since Toonami will likely be postponed on Christmas Eve, we may get caught up by the end of the year.
Sabakyuu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
And if it's uncut it's worth the wait. But like Pepperidge I think we'll get caught up. YTV is popular for airing new episode marathons for events like animania and what not. If naruto does get the popular fanbase that their expecting they might even give us 2 new episodes of Naruto a night like they did with Inuyasha. I also predict something good for the 11:00 - 12:00 spot...they still haven't finished .hack//sign too =/.
funkpunk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
but is CN gettin it cut or uncut?
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I would think and hope that Naruto would go un-cut. However, should they make some cuts, i would think it would mostly be in the blood sections, like when they bite their thumbs to get blood for “scroll casting”. You know, small stuff like that. I mean, they haven't held the language back in Inu-Yasha, or the blood and there have been quite the bloody scenes in that series.

As for when it airs on YTV, whether it's befor or after the American airing, i don't care. As long as they air it, I'm happy.I wish they would fill in one of those question mark slots with Gundam Wing ep.. YTV once aired it, why not again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Neo-Yasha wrote:
I would think and hope that Naruto would go un-cut. However, should they make some cuts, i would think it would mostly be in the blood sections, like when they bite their thumbs to get blood for “scroll casting”. You know, small stuff like that. I mean, they haven't held the language back in Inu-Yasha, or the blood and there have been quite the bloody scenes in that series.

I don't think something like that would be cut, besides City TV has shown way worse stuff that isn't animated then that. If they didn't hold back the language or the blood in inuyasha then they wouldn't then again Inuyasha is rated PG in Canada, not sure of the Canadian rating on Naruto.
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
funkpunk wrote:
but is CN gettin it cut or uncut?
CN is most certainly having it cut.
richmond998999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
In another websites forums I found out before in YTV they aired Pokemon 20 episodes ahead of WB but WB complained and YTV had a rerun because of that.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I can't belive that Ghost In The Shell SAC is premering that will be so sweet. 8- Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
GitS already premiered last week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2