• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kara no Kyoukai Standard Blu-ray Box Slated for July 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
There is no way if they release a standard us set that it will cost 400. That was the price of the limited edition, and the dvd release was only around 150. Not to mention Monogatari shows on blu ray were 150 and 120 respectively. It will not be 400 here.
DRWii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
strawberry-kun wrote:
Aniplex of America goes out of business and things return to the pre-Aniplex days where other companies would license Aniplex properties.

You do realize there are still Aniplex properties that get a US release and are licensed by other companies, right?
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:

You do realize there are still Aniplex properties that get a US release and are licensed by other companies, right?
Yeah, I know, but those are the small time titles. AoA picks up all the popular Aniplex titles and is becoming increasingly active in picking up titles. It obviously makes sense for AoA to get the big Aniplex titles, but it still sucks. I should have clarified what I meant.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
So, is Japanese release from Aniplex the only one we're going to get of a standard release BD? Is there reason to believe that AoA will eventually release it here in the US, not as an import but as a full US release?

Edit: removed some stuff. Really, my head is not in the game today. :/

Last edited by Tuor_of_Gondolin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
There is no way if they release a standard us set that it will cost 400. That was the price of the limited edition, and the dvd release was only around 150. Not to mention Monogatari shows on blu ray were 150 and 120 respectively. It will not be 400 here.

If you look at their current trend of importing directly from Japan, is there an indication that a USA release is being made on blu-ray?

most people who are 'PC addict' type moon fans might be willing to pay this outright.
Dfens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
The price is pretty easy to calculate the price to import it is 36,750 Yen which is about 390-400 US dollars. Now they usually discount it before shipping of about 25 percent or so, that gives you a price of around 300 dollars plus shipping.

Now if say Rightstuf offers it as a import like Fate Zero or Oreimo at the same time expect to pay around 340 dollars shipped to your door. For most who don't know or never ordered off Amazon JP, Rightstuf is safer and easier to navigate.

The Limited Edition release had a small fraction of units at the 400 US dollar price. Rightstuf never revealed how many they had but when the counter kicked in for me it was over 80 units. A high guess they had 200-300 I think the guys here on Anime News know the number but said they weren't allowed to say. Plus I also know 25 units where sold at the New People Movie premiere in San Francisco I was their only reason I didn't buy it their at the time was because they were charging sales tax which would have added nearly 40 dollars to the price. But you got it 1 week before everyone else even the Japanese.

Now it's price in Japan was MSRP 65,000 yen and at the time with the conversion rate it was over 700 dollars before shipping. Many fans like myself where going to import it but since Rightstuf had it and at a much lower price everyone who could jumped on it. Still at the time to import off Amazon JP you were looking at over 525 dollars plus shipping.

I'm hoping if they do offer it as a import from Aniplex of America that they don't pull the same thing again and only have a small number of sets available which will start a feeding frenzy. But wouldn't it suck if this new set doesn't have english subtitles, I don't see why it won't but if it didn't then all this talk about price would be moot without them.
spartan97

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I will just say this because a lot of people are gettin there hope too high , there will be NO sub , proof ? here : http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSX-3921
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't count out a english subtitle track. If you look at the site as well they list the original Limited Edition of this series with no subtitles when all know that the Japanese release was the same as the US it was a import so that listing is wrong.

It showed Macross Plus Blu-Ray no subtitles when ANN just announced that Bandai said it will have them and english audio.

I've checked out cdJapan and they are a legit site, most of the time if advertised they will list a show with english subtitles from the get go.

So their is a high chance the regular edition for Garden of Sinners will have them, if not my limited edition just went up in value.
spartan97

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
For those of you that complain about aniplex i just wanna say something , the price is normal , i assume you all know that the price is like that because it CAN'T be cheaper , in japan you have to pay a HUGE some of money to get your anime on TV , because yes you pây for it , add it an episode that cost around hundreads of thousands to million of dollars and you know why this is so dawn expensive , plus they are things that you don't have in the funiamtion like box such as everything expect the disk ( bonus , book , cd's , artwork ) , all in a quality far above what you buy .
Personnaly i don't like to pay this much but i do and the reason is simple , it's because i love it , i'm not rich but for every anime i work and earn the money but i don't have ten other hobbies next to it , in life you have to make choice , the better the more it coast the worst ( well not worst but less good ) the cheaper it became .
I think you should be happy about the fact that you even got AoA , i live in France and i don't have such a thing , which make us fans in europe much sader i think than you with all the quality realese you have access to .
Instead of critisizing what you have think a little more about those who don't even have it .
(Not that i complain 'cause i import from AoA for Monogatari series and the rest in JP inmport , in the end i pay for what i want and i find the price good for what's sold ) .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3