• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I found some, although good, have too much of a modern gothic look. To me modern gothic really doesn't have much to do with what gothic really is, more just a way for someone to try and look different. True gothic died centuries ago, and has stayed dead for the most part since.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tribblewing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote
Maggot wrote:
Tribblewing wrote:
I was surprised to recognize the artist for 36 (the EGL nurse), who runs a pixel doll site. I remember reading that it's inspired by Silent Hill.

I can see why most people like 91, but it looks way too cluttered. How can anyone walk in that thing, with all the trailing strings on the ground? The roses were a beautiful touch though.

I'm really liking 26's military design; the artist managed with the stars and not using anything camo. I'm voting for that one.

You just mentioned both of mine. ^_^; XD

I first saw your site when I spent an entire evening link-hopping to every dolling site recommended by the one that came before it. (I think I started off at Pinkland.)

Now, if only I could remember your website URL! But if you'd like your anomynity 'til the contest is over, that's fine too.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote
It will be interesting to see what happens after the contest is over - I can imagine a good number of the people that submitted entries have deviantART accounts. I personally would like to have some feedback on my design - for what I could do differently in the future - but for now I am keeping quiet about which one is mine as well.
Maggot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Tribblewing wrote:
Maggot wrote:
Tribblewing wrote:
I was surprised to recognize the artist for 36 (the EGL nurse), who runs a pixel doll site. I remember reading that it's inspired by Silent Hill.

I can see why most people like 91, but it looks way too cluttered. How can anyone walk in that thing, with all the trailing strings on the ground? The roses were a beautiful touch though.

I'm really liking 26's military design; the artist managed with the stars and not using anything camo. I'm voting for that one.

You just mentioned both of mine. Anime smile; Anime hyper

I first saw your site when I spent an entire evening link-hopping to every dolling site recommended by the one that came before it. (I think I started off at Pinkland.)

Now, if only I could remember your website URL! But if you'd like your anomynity 'til the contest is over, that's fine too.

The doll site you've seen is probably very old since i dont remember what one it was myself Anime hyper. I will be opening an art site for a comic/mini-manga that I will be doing soon, and I'll probably also have some pixel art up there too. I'll send you a PM when I get everything set up. :3

And tomorrow is the 20th !~ Can't wait to see the winners. Anime smile Good luck everyone!
Chibi Ice Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know who designed entry #142? I would really like to contact this person!

There were so many great entries, it was hard to decide!
HeisT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:04 am Reply with quote
Maggot wrote:
Well its not about looking very gothic.
Gothic Lolita clothing style isnt soely based on being gothic. There are many aspects to the style such as sweet lolita, Wa-lolita, Qui-lolita, Punk Lolita, Neo Gothic lolita, Deconsructed lolita... the list can go on and on. ^^

We were doing for cuteness Gothic and Lolita characters. That why is has more Kawaii~ feeling in the fashion designs, instead trying to creating the feel of Gothic. That why we select ChoBitS art style which fit perfectly on the theme.

.Sy wrote:
Yes, I do agree some of the entries aren't very gothic looking, but many of them are still wonderful. I personally am not going to vote, but my friend has a place in the top 20 for the Readers' Choice, and I really love her art. Some of the winners are really looking good. (My friend voted, so I looked at the results.)
HeisT wrote:
So, any of you guy submit your creations? Mine is number 105.
I like your art style, especially the hair.

Thank you. Very Happy
Strawberry_Faerie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
It will be interesting to see what happens after the contest is over - I can imagine a good number of the people that submitted entries have deviantART accounts. I personally would like to have some feedback on my design - for what I could do differently in the future - but for now I am keeping quiet about which one is mine as well.

I wouldn't mind giving you some feedback once the contest is over. Anime smile

As for me, I'm going to refinish my design, then post it someplace for comments.
Maggot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:34 am Reply with quote
Hmm any word on the winners? o-o
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Maggot wrote:

Just waiting on Geneon right now.
Maggot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Maggot wrote:

Oh okay. :3

I really want to see who won! x3 ( espeicially with all the drama surrounding cheating and whatnot in the polls. >_> ) lmao
HeisT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Maggot wrote:

Did they say when?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:01 am Reply with quote
They certainly are taking their time aren't they?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
They certainly are taking their time aren't they?

.... Did you read the front page? I posted the winners last night.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I checked before leaving work and didn't see it, but of course I didn't see anything up there so I guess that comp was only loading a cached copy, hehe. Thanks
Maggot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:13 am Reply with quote
Actually I was wondering if any of the winners recieved anything.. or if it was just me who hadn't gotten anything yet. ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6