• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter Alpha: Generations Release Set

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
Only 50 minutes? I'll just wait to rent it, cus I know they're not gonna be able to fit enough fight scenes or characterization in that short time. I can't believe it toook them 5 years to co-produce a prequel so disappointingly brief.

Edit: OTOH, Nomura-san's behind it, and more cash for him means a better possibility of Robot Carnival getting a U.S. dvd release...
Izlude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:46 am Reply with quote
Long as Akuma kicks ass in it, I'm down.
Phoeptar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I was at the CNAnime convention this weekend and today at 12 they had the premier for the film and it was amazing, the crowd got so into it too, it's all about how Akuma turned out the way he did as well as Ryu and his connection to Akuma, the movie starts with a loud ass scream on a black frame and opens with a crazy fight scene, let me tell you the 50 minute felt very rushed because there is lots of action and lots of characters and storyline to cover,

the movie was great and the time flew by, there were cheers and shouts form the audience who just loved every minute.

oh yeah and Akuma kicks major ass, ryu is barely a match for him, it's cool also cause we see Akuma get his big ass necklace that scene is so sick.
Nash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
So the crowd was cheering? That's good. Hopefully, this will be better than Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie. I think if Generations is a little more like Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, than it will be a hit. Gotta love Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie! Wink

Even if Generations sucks (which I know it won't) I will buy it because I love Street Fighter so much.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Is Dan in this?

I hope Dan is in this.
hadou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:55 am Reply with quote
AWWW, COME ON! DID ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE THE TRAILER FOR THIS THING? COMPARED TO THE FIRST STREET FIRST ALPHA...THE DRAWING QUALITY IN "GENERATIONS" LOOKS HORRIBLE. THE DRAWINGS LOOK SO HALF ASS LIKE THIS REALLY WAS A LAST MINUTE JOB! MAYBE THATS WHY ITS ONLY 50 MINUTES! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! BOTH RYU AND AKUMA LOOK SO GENERIC. THE MAN THAT DESIGNED THEM IN THE FIRST SERIES EITHER LOST HIS TOUCH OR THEY HANDED THE DESIGNING OVER TO SOME CHUMP THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRAW STREET FIGHTERS! HORRIBLE DRAWINGS! I HOPE THE TRAILER ART IS JUST A PROTOTYPE. BOOOOOOO! ATLEAST IT BETTER HAVE A GOOD STORY.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
hadou wrote:
AWWW, COME ON! DID ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE THE TRAILER FOR THIS THING? COMPARED TO THE FIRST STREET FIRST ALPHA...THE DRAWING QUALITY IN "GENERATIONS" LOOKS HORRIBLE. THE DRAWINGS LOOK SO HALF ASS LIKE THIS REALLY WAS A LAST MINUTE JOB! MAYBE THATS WHY ITS ONLY 50 MINUTES! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! BOTH RYU AND AKUMA LOOK SO GENERIC. THE MAN THAT DESIGNED THEM IN THE FIRST SERIES EITHER LOST HIS TOUCH OR THEY HANDED THE DESIGNING OVER TO SOME CHUMP THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRAW STREET FIGHTERS! HORRIBLE DRAWINGS! I HOPE THE TRAILER ART IS JUST A PROTOTYPE. BOOOOOOO! ATLEAST IT BETTER HAVE A GOOD STORY.

CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK knock it off dude
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Screw Akuma and Ryu. They should just release a high budget 50 minute Saikyo work out video.

No really. They should.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
A lot of my friends who saw it at Evolution told me it sucked and all the people there all agreed. They even gave it a nickname that I can't say (try to figure out what Fighter Alpha Generations stands for). Anyway, I'll try and watch it anyway despite the negative reccomendations I've been hearing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1