• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Infinite Stratos 2 TV Anime Slated for Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh god dammit. Yet ANOTHER generic harem series with a marty stu protag.

Just more evidence that you are full of s@#t with regards to your "I'm an Otaku, and I like Otaku-centered shows too guys!" argument Rolling Eyes
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
^
Now that's not fair. Chagen46 does like quite a few Otaku shows, but only the lesser-known underground ones. Infinite Stratos is just too mainstream for his delicate sensibilities. In a sense he's like an Otaku hipster.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Now that's not fair. Chagen46 does like quite a few Otaku shows, but only the lesser-known underground ones. Infinite Stratos is just too mainstream for his delicate sensibilities. In a sense he's like an Otaku hipster.

Yeah, no. It is fair and rightfully deserved (you can't call yourself an Otaku when you assassinate the character of other Otaku or criticize shows that feature the same elements and are just as Otaku-centered as the Otaku shows that you supposedly "like"). Rolling Eyes
egoist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh, let's just cut the crap here. Both Madoka and IS sucked. There's no use arguing whatever sucked less. Just go for what didn't suck to begin with. Which hasn't been mentioned [cheaply] in this thread.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh god dammit. Yet ANOTHER generic harem series with a marty stu protag.

Just more evidence that you are full of s@#t with regards to your "I'm an Otaku, and I like Otaku-centered shows too guys!" argument Rolling Eyes

While I will not get into your absurd and quite-frankly unnerving stalking of me, I will take this time to marvel at your "In order to be an Otaku you must like EVERY SINGLE shitty otaku series that comes out instead of actually having discering taste and liking what is actually good" attitude.

Also your No True Scotsman tactics are wearing thin.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Certainly you don't need to like them all. Heck, not even I do. But I am getting tired of people going "OH WOE IS ME NOT THIS AGAIN WHY WON'T THEY MAKE STUFF I LIKE INSTEAD OF STUFF I DON'T!?" It gets old real fast.

Plus, Ichika is too incompotent to be a Marty Stu.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Please look up the term "Anti-Sue".
egoist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

Please look up the term "Anti-Sue".

Opposite to "A Mary Sue is a Friend to All Living Things", which is what describes Madoka's main best.

Oh talkback, always so ghostlytive.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Still doesn't apply to Ichika. Ichika is pretty decent looking, geniunely friendly and good natured, and is one of the few guys in the world who actually has a spine. He's competant enough that he's useful in a fight, but not competant enough that he doesn't need the girls to back him up. He's actually pretty balanced.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Still doesn't apply to Ichika. Ichika is pretty decent looking, geniunely friendly and good natured, and is one of the few guys in the world who actually has a spine. He's competant enough that he's useful in a fight, but not competant enough that he doesn't need the girls to back him up. He's actually pretty balanced.

If he's so "balanced", then why exactly is he getting more pussy than Hugh Hefner?
egoist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Because Hugh Hefner has to be Googled.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Except he's not? Laughing

Outside of the main girls, all the other students merely have a passing interest in him due to his unique status. Only a handful are actually serious about him.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Hi hope this Reboot doesn't make its into ultra-fan service Moe series. I like the art, i agree the plot needed something big to happen later. Then again it was a short series. I just hope their going to be more to it but more episodes.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I will take this time to marvel at your "In order to be an Otaku you must like EVERY SINGLE shitty otaku series that comes out instead of actually having discering taste and liking what is actually good" attitude.

I will respond by just stating the following (since I don't feel like responding to your whole contradictory statement): The term "good" is subjective. Just because YOU don't like IS doesn't mean that others don't or that people are "wrong" for doing so (believe it or not, your tastes and preferences are not law).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3