• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neptunia Anime Event Cancelled Due to Man Wielding Object

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
ximpalullaorg wrote:
Banjo wrote:

Because she married someone else? Laughing

He was calling her a criminal, according to sources, so I'm not sure.

If the mind set of a deranged otaku, that is enough to declared a voice actress a criminal.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
You know its kinda really [expletive] dumb to make accusations about "Otaku" when the entire EVENT was for "otaku" and they are the ones whom this guy's actions ruined the event for.

I mean, what the fudge do you think the audience for a Neptunia live event is, precisely?

To claim that this is proof that Otaku are obvious deranged is pretty much proof that you are full of shit.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
And there is a difference between "normal" Otaku (who don't do things like this) and crazy wacko Otaku (who DO do things like this). Otaku aren't a giant monolithic block of people.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
You know its kinda really [expletive] dumb to make accusations about "Otaku" when the entire EVENT was for "otaku" and they are the ones whom this guy's actions ruined the event for.

I mean, what the fudge do you think the audience for a Neptunia live event is, precisely?

To claim that this is proof that Otaku are obvious deranged is pretty much proof that you are full of shit.

I said a deranged otaku. Not all otaku are deranged psychos or creepers. Are your reading comprehension skills bad today? I know the event was meant to be held for hard-core fans of neptiuna, but that doesn't mean there aren't crazies among them. I love the franchise myself so don't even get me started on this issue, i'm more pissed off than you possibly want to know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
And there is a difference between "normal" Otaku (who don't do things like this) and crazy wacko Otaku (who DO do things like this). Otaku aren't a giant monolithic block of people.

Thats hilarious coming from you.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
You'd have to be a waco otaku to like this thing.

Am I right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Am I right?

Please don't get me started, just don't. I'm not in a god-da** good mood today. So do us all a favor and shut the he** up.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Am I right?

Says the man who spends his time defending the XBone
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Am I right?

Says the man who spends his time defending the XBone
You mean telling the truth and being rationale about the system and not being a bias fantard who worships Japan all the while pre-ording the PS4.

Then yes I'm defending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:

Now you're giving words into my mouth. Yes, I HATE it because it doesn't cater to my tastes (not saying they are superior).
Yes, I hate it, because if they went with fanservice either ways, they could have given a fair treatment to the lolis too, but no, they whored it out only on big breasts and the adult versions.

You do know that any semblance of an argument you had was thrown out the moment you condoned and idolized the violent act of a crazed man. You may make a valid argument, but coming from trash like you who finds this man a hero makes any argument moot.

Do not grandstand on the attacks of a crazed individual, there are much more stable places to put your soap box then this. I'd wait a bit to speak, give it awhile for people to forget what an asshole you are before invalidating any other arguments you spew out.
WitchWatcher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I heard he used a crowbar.
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
This is not surprising to me. The anime/seiyuu and idol industry in Japan is hugely responsible for fostering an environment in which this sort of thing will happen. The AKB48 situation earlier this year with the singer shaving her head because she was found to be having a sexual relationship with a man is also part of this overall context. This particular person is clearly troubled and he should go to jail and then should be required to seek psychological help, but the industry itself is massively to blame for facilitating the entire dynamic. After all, they frequently require their performers to agree to terms and conditions in their employment contracts that require them not to be.... humans who have normal intimate relationships with other humans. How can they claim any surprise when something like this happens?

They're reaping what they've sowed.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
WitchWatcher wrote:
I heard he used a crowbar.

That was the rumor, but as far as we know, it was a "blunt object", although it doesn't seem to be the knife? He might have had it concealed.

Once again, I was at the Arise event, and I am so sorry for everyone who had their day spoiled by this. It was supposed to be a lot of fun. Hell, had I known this event was going on, I might have gotten a ticket!
Anime1Games

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Sachiko2010 wrote:
This is not surprising to me. The anime/seiyuu and idol industry in Japan is hugely responsible for fostering an environment in which this sort of thing will happen. The AKB48 situation earlier this year with the singer shaving her head because she was found to be having a sexual relationship with a man is also part of this overall context. This particular person is clearly troubled and he should go to jail and then should be required to seek psychological help, but the industry itself is massively to blame for facilitating the entire dynamic. After all, they frequently require their performers to agree to terms and conditions in their employment contracts that require them not to be.... humans who have normal intimate relationships with other humans. How can they claim any surprise when something like this happens?

They're reaping what they've sowed.

So you're blaming the company for something someone else did? Are you kidding? Or are you trolling? It's hard to tell sometimes.

Let me ask you something. Do you think that the anime 'When they cried' is responsible for that young girl cutting her fathers head off? Do you blame video games for school shootings? Do you blame comics for turning people into homosexuals? Do you blame rap music for police officers being shot and killed?

How about we start blaming the guilty when they are guilty. This guy brought a knife and got arrested, how about we place all the blame for that on this guy and not the company!
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So you're blaming the company for something someone else did? Are you kidding? Or are you trolling? It's hard to tell sometimes.

Let me ask you something. Do you think that the anime 'When they cried' is responsible for that young girl cutting her fathers head off? Do you blame video games for school shootings? Do you blame comics for turning people into homosexuals? Do you blame rap music for police officers being shot and killed?

How about we start blaming the guilty when they are guilty. This guy brought a knife and got arrested, how about we place all the blame for that on this guy and not the company!

I am blaming the industry. Yes. Thanks for the recap. If you think setting up a system that essentially lands up (this is just one egregious example) with a singer thinking she has to shame herself on youtube because she was caught on camera leaving a guy's house in the morning DOES NOT feed into a culture of wacko otakus who think they have ownership over the purity of the employees of these companies, then you need to take a seat and think a bit longer about your position. THIS PARTICULAR event is absolutely not surprising. The industry has fed an environment in which seiyuu and idols are promoted as pure and sexless [edit: actually emphatically not sexless at all since they trade on the virginity of these employees, their sexlessness, when they market these employees to the wacko otakus] ... the little daughters or sisters that these otaku are then asked to identify with. This person is a criminal, obviously, I said that in my post. But the industry is hugely culpable. As I said... I'm not surprised at all.

The rest of your questions, by the way, are red herrings. Good luck with those.

Last edited by Sachiko2010 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5