• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DVDplanet. 50% off all Anime DVD

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
DVDplanet. 50% off all Anime DVD.

Excluding pre-order. Most title price at 15.00

Initial D at 10.00
Ghost in the Shell SAC at 12.50
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:36 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this store is legit? I just want to make sure before I buy anything...
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:41 am Reply with quote
CrackaJax wrote:
Does anyone know if this store is legit? I just want to make sure before I buy anything...

I would think they are. All of their DVDs have corresponding UPCs and MSRPs.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I wish they were more up front about their shipping prices.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
CrackaJax wrote:

Yes, they are. They've been around for over a decade, and were formerly known as "Ken Crane's Laser Disc", at which point they had the best reputation around.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

Err--I'm not certain what you mean. ^_^;

http://www.dvdplanet.com/help/help_shipping.asp
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
That is one page that I never found. They should at least put it in a more visible place.
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

Free shipping for orders 25 and over. In US only.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
That is one page that I never found. They should at least put it in a more visible place.

^_^;;; Click the "Help" link just below the tabs ("Home", "DVD", "DVD-Audio", et cetera) on the front page, and then the "Shipping Policies" link at the top of the third section here.
samven582

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
when does the sale end?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
samven582 wrote:
when does the sale end?

I've no clue. Looking at the site, there doesn't seem to be any information at all. I suppose you could just e-mail them about it. There are quite a few titles I'd like to pick up, but I'm tied down with bills at the moment Anime cry.

If the sale ends soon, I can still rely on Deep Discount DVD or DVD Pacific, as their prices are only a tad higher with little to no cost in shipping. But, it'd sure be nice to get the rest of the SE GitS:SAC DVDs for $5 less or start collecting the Maison Ikkoku box sets for under $25 Anime catgrin.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:59 am Reply with quote
samven582 wrote:
when does the sale end?

According to posts on the Anime on DVD Retail Forum, 26 September; 10 October (I think) for the brick and mortar stores.
Alias

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I got a strange email from DVDplanet today. They told me that the dvd I've ordered has shipped today 10/23/05. SUNDAY!

This DVD Box set was ordered last month during the time when they had their 50% off sale.

After I've placed my order, they send an email saying that it was out of stock and it was canceled. So then I had to purchase the same dvd box set at deepdiscount.

But today, they told me it was shipped and they CHARGED it to my credit card.

Now, to return it, according to their policy, I have to pay shipping and handling. Which would cost me $5.75 to send it back. And have to wait for a refund to my card.

I have deleted my credit card info from their site. Because there are other canceled orders that have not shipped and been 2 months.

I suggest if anybody have an account with them DO NOT store your credit card on their file. It seems they will ship you the order that was canceled or wasn't in stock, even a month after the order was placed.
madlib

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
that stinks. i just visited their site and now they have a special that says 25% or more off "featured" titles, but there were only 6 of them, none of which interested me.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Alias wrote:
I got a strange email from DVDplanet today. They told me that the dvd I've ordered has shipped today 10/23/05. SUNDAY!

This DVD Box set was ordered last month during the time when they had their 50% off sale.

After I've placed my order, they send an email saying that it was out of stock and it was canceled. So then I had to purchase the same dvd box set at deepdiscount.

But today, they told me it was shipped and they CHARGED it to my credit card.

Now, to return it, according to their policy, I have to pay shipping and handling. Which would cost me $5.75 to send it back. And have to wait for a refund to my card.

I have deleted my credit card info from their site. Because there are other canceled orders that have not shipped and been 2 months.

I suggest if anybody have an account with them DO NOT store your credit card on their file. It seems they will ship you the order that was canceled or wasn't in stock, even a month after the order was placed.

Hate when things happen like that...seems they need to fix it. Did you sent them email stating exactly what happen. Because I would demand a full refund and that includes shiping in handleing....that order was canceled from what they said and you should not be liabel for any charges.(do you still have the email they sent you because save it send that same email back to them with details of what you just told us and see what happens.) But you really should not have to pay for anything when it was there major screw-up and not yours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1