• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thanks Tempest for the info

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anime uncut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:42 am Reply with quote
I finally got in! Surprised
Can I take part in polls now?
There's one that asks if anime for TV should be uncut.
When I answered, I was redirected to another site.
How can I see if my vote was counted?
This one's for you Kyle Pope.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:54 am Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

Can I take part in polls now?
There's one that asks if anime for TV should be uncut.

Wink

Ahh, creative advertising at it's best Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Those "polls" at the top of the screen are actually advertizing banners for one of our sponsors...

We'll be adding more polls to the site shortly, we have to work out a decent poll script first.

In the meantime, feel free to add as many polls as you want here in the webboard.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Should Anime Castle's banner ads be "editted" for spelling? Yes? No? What's Spellcheck?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
anime uncut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:59 pm Reply with quote
You know what?
When I first came here, I didn't put it together with A.N.N., so now Tempest is in my buddylist as Ann.

Hey, I guess I can post here again after all!
anime uncut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I thought I couldn't do anything here, but the aswer was so simple. Embarassed
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:19 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Should Anime Castle's banner ads be "editted" for spelling? Yes? No? What's Spellcheck?

Man, you really like to make fun of our sponsor's ads, don't you?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:27 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

Tenchi wrote:

Man, you really like to make fun of our sponsor's ads, don't you?

Well, the first time I made fun of an AnimeCastle ad (my sig, which read "Do you watch anime during the holidays? Yes? No? What "holidays", it's the end of fricking January?"), I wasn't really making making fun of AnimeCastle per se; I was actually (gently) ribbing you guys for not taking down that ad for weeks after the "holiday" period was over. (However, I do seem to recall that there was a typo, sort of, in that ad too: it actually read "Do you watch anime over the holiday?" with the singular form of "holiday".)

This is the second time I've noticed a typo in an AnimeCastle banner ad. Yes, we all make typos, and I'm certainly not going to check each and every page on the AnimeCastle site for typos and then catalogue them here, BUT there should not be any typos in a banner ad. Most of us never will get the opportunity to visit AnimeCastle in person -that is if they have a storefront location at all- and, as such, our first impressions as to whether or not AnimeCastle is worthy of our patronage will be rooted at least partially in the quality of their advertising. If they don't take the time to proofread a single sentence in their banner advertisements, it gives people (at least those of us that can spell "edited" properly) the idea that they don't care about the quality of their presentation to the general public, and, in the world of the Web, presentation is everything. Some people will click on the banner ad regardless of the typo, but some other people will make a broad judgement, fair or not, about the store from the typo AnimeCastle obviously thought insignificant, and take their business to AnimeNation or The Right Stuf instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Damn, now Anime Castle's asking a question that I'd actually like to answer: "Are Disney's Atlantis and Anime's Nadia The Same?" though I don't see why they're asking us this question now, when most of us (even in Japan, by now) know the answer. (As for what I think...)
anime uncut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:41 pm Reply with quote
When they said the same move, that is a type of shorthand for a "similar" movie meaning eliments were taken from another source, and twisted slightly to use as their own creation.

Disney's "Orin" (1996 or '97) and 20th Century Fox's "AE 2010" (2000) are the SAME movie!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1