• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts Manga on Booklist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kingdom Hearts Volume 4 jumped from 111 to 73 on the USA Today Booklist for the week ending July 16.

That is some great news!! I am so glad to hear that, I love the game and manga. I wonder if any of the other volumes after this will make it to the top 150?
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I just started playing the original Kingdom Hearts on PS2 (it was hard to find and I didn't just want to jump into the sequel, so I waited quite some time), and I have to say it is a really good game. I'll probably get to the manga at some point too.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
I just started playing the original Kingdom Hearts on PS2 (it was hard to find and I didn't just want to jump into the sequel, so I waited quite some time), and I have to say it is a really good game. I'll probably get to the manga at some point too.

Really you had difficulties trying to find it? I had no problems at all trying to find Kingdom Hearts, considering there is a $20 version it wasn't difficult to find. Also it's a good thing you didn't jump into the sequel you will be lost, I missed the sequel (Chain of Memories GBA) and I was a little lost (I used wikipedia to fill me in) at the start. But at least the game does a good job filling you in if you hadn't played, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is much more enjoyable after playing KH.

Also the manga I believe is just of the first game, I hope they bring out a sequel or perhaps COM manga that way I can get all the information that I might not of pick up on.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Really you had difficulties trying to find it? I had no problems at all trying to find Kingdom Hearts, considering there is a $20 version it wasn't difficult to find. Also it's a good thing you didn't jump into the sequel you will be lost, I missed the sequel (Chain of Memories GBA) and I was a little lost (I used wikipedia to fill me in) at the start. But at least the game does a good job filling you in if you hadn't played, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is much more enjoyable after playing KH.

Also the manga I believe is just of the first game, I hope they bring out a sequel or perhaps COM manga that way I can get all the information that I might not of pick up on.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Yeah, KH was repeatedly reappearing on the shelves for quite some time, but I got a PS2 pretty late in it's cycle, and (after getting FFX of coarse) despite the fact that KH II had just been released, KH I was nowhere in my sight. However I was able to find one copy in an out-of-the-way pawn shop.

I own a GBA too, and I saw KH: COM avaliable for quite a while, but I didn't get it, since I didn't own the original. Now that I have it, and COM is nowhere in sight! GEEZ! Mad
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
I own a GBA too, and I saw KH: COM avaliable for quite a while, but I didn't get it, since I didn't own the original. Now that I have it, and COM is nowhere in sight! GEEZ! Mad

Ain't life funny...irony it's a funny mother huh? I bought my GF that new micro GBA that thing is slick, I also am having some trouble finding (COM) in stores near me. I am thinking I might get it from Ebay but I hate buying games from ebay......perhaps it won't be too bad since it's not a CD.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Nionel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

The COM manga actually is coming out in the US, there's a page in the back of the fourth graphic novel with the COM logo, and I believe I read here on ANN that the first volume of it is due out sometime in October.
Nionel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

The CoM manga actually is coming out in the US, there's a page in the back of the fourth graphic novel with the CoM logo, and I believe I read here on ANN that the first volume of it is due out sometime in October.
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote
w00t for awesomest series ever doing great.

I can't wait until the Chain of Memories manga. I mean, I kinda skipped out on the main manga (box set coming soon, so whatever), but I was lazy and never beat Chain of Memories.

I heard there was a novel series of KH2 instead of a manga, so I'm looking forward to that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1