• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist Theater List

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:07 am Reply with quote
Hey Dargonxtc, you forgot about this one...

Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
FUNimation: Hey, why are you missing the big cities and other states? What, you removed the closest place from the list? Howcome the screenings are concentrated towards the redneck states?!

It's understandable to be frustrated but it's not nice to pick on states below the Mason-Dixon line. It's not their fault that they are in Carmike territory. :nono:
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:09 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Instead, why are most of the threater listings situated in some backwater county/parish/whatever, or a state known more for Pensioners and Hispanics?

I am totally offended by the way you said this, and I mean that, but I have to agree somewhat to a degree. But I still give the evil eye to you none the less. Neutral

You don't know what backwater is.

Sorry, but Voodoo Practictioners and Forrest Gump didn't sound sexy enough.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Sorry, but Voodoo Practictioners and Forrest Gump didn't sound sexy enough.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are balancing on the the line of being funny or being an idiot.

I am sure the word "sunbelt" means nothing to you.

And no, I am not talking about computers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
catmoongirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
So, I got all excited about this big movie premier. And lo and behold, the closest theater to where I live is in Detroit. This is really annoying. I mean, at least stick it in a theater in Grand Rapids or Lansing. I mean, I suppose I have a few days left for them to add a theater onto the list at the last minute, but for now, I'm just crossing my fingers and praying my mom lets me drive out to Canton. Funimation, I demand you release the movie in Lansing or Grand Rapids...please?
b214

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Yay, i get to go. A friend invited me and were taking a train to NYC. This is great, i'm so happy.
catmoongirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
lol. Lucky for you. Hope you have a good time. I'm still waiting for my mom to give me the go ahead.
I told her it was in Detroit and immediately she was like, "no."
So I told her, "Please, it's the only chance I have."
So, she says "You have no idea where in Detroit do you?"
I give her the address.
"Oh, it's in Canton? Well, that's a little better. I'll think about it."
My mom likes to torture me.
Lust

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I get to go see the Fullmetal Alchemist movie with a friend since my mom will be taking me to go watch the movie here in Houston
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote
catmoongirl wrote:
lol. Lucky for you. Hope you have a good time. I'm still waiting for my mom to give me the go ahead.
I told her it was in Detroit and immediately she was like, "no."
So I told her, "Please, it's the only chance I have."
So, she says "You have no idea where in Detroit do you?"
I give her the address.
"Oh, it's in Canton? Well, that's a little better. I'll think about it."
My mom likes to torture me.

Dude, Canton is in Ohio! Detroit is in Michigan. They're two totally different states, though still relatively close to each other geographically.

Well guys, I have to say that I am PSYCHED to go to New York on Thursday to see the movie! I've got my tickets printed out, and I'm thinking of wearing the Bleach shirt I was gonna' save for MangaNEXT. Now all I gotta do is secure a ride to NY. I do not wanna be late for this movie. Everything has to be perfect. At the time which my dad has set for us leaving, I could possibly late to the movie, and that shit ain't happenin'! Evil or Very Mad
Swish1975

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
Showcase Cinemas Randolph 73 Mazzeo Drive Randolph (Boston) MA 02368 781-963-5600 Fri (Aug 25th) - 4pm
Sat (Aug 26th) - 9:30pm

I'll be at the 9:30 showing. Maybe my post on the Funimation Forums did some good. Before that they didn't have any locations near Boston. Did anyone here make suggestions on Funimation Forums to try and get it in their area?

Have you ordered tickets yet? If so, where did you get them.

My husband called the theater to order tickets & was told that the theater isn't selling the tickets since it was rented by an outside company. The person he talked to didn't know who rented the theater & couldn't provide us with any info on how to order tickets. Has anyone else had any problems getting tickets?
Lust

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm still gonna go to watch the Fullmetal Movie but sadly my best friend isn't able to come with me to watch it and how can I order a ticket for the Fullmetal Movie??
Aleclom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'll stay home this Friday/Saturday and cry myself to sleep knowing I won't be able to see FMA on the big screen.

Maybe I'll throw myself a pity party!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ganami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess I got to wait tell its on dvd. Oh well Crying or Very sad
Sandman-_-711

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Same here, i live in Canada and there not airing it up here Sad
frubam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Dude, Canton is in Ohio! Detroit is in Michigan. They're two totally different states, though still relatively close to each other geographically.

There IS a Canton in Michigan too. It's a good distance west of Detroit(where I live), about 15 - 20 miles, if that long.

I MIGHT take the time to see this on Fri, not that i'm a rabid fan of FMA, though i tend to like the ambiance of anime in theaters. Plus there's always a chance to meet new people who's in to anime. I just don't know whether I should waste my money if i'm gonna get the DVD anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4