• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Identity of Case Closed's Black Organization Boss Might Not Be So Secret

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assassinx89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
I don't know much more than the overall story but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the older version of the kid detective. It is very easy and hard to beat yourself...you are always one step ahead of yourself.
mak123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
yamiangie wrote:

It not being Professor Agasa is new.

Wrong. He said this one or two years ago Smile
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
Huh? Case Closed is ACTUALLY going to end?! After so many years?!
Diatris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
It's Agasa professor's first love! She appeared in one episode and after they met under cherry tree after many years and said goodbye's She went to black car and Driver called her "Boss". My guess
lefthand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
Ran is the boss of the Org.
machetecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
I'm still putting my money down on Sonoko's uncle. He's a fun/funny dude, which is good for throwing people off his scent, but he's also in the show so rarely that it wouldn't be completely out of left field for him to be the leader.

He also has the money to make this work.

Finally, his Seyuu, though he doesn't have a HUGE list of shows under his belt, has done some pretty decent work for some big shows. (if that's actually supposed to be a clue)
flawed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Agasa really hasn't been a possibility since Conan's and Vermouth's first confrontation over Ai. Vermouth has text conversation with "that person" when Agasa is in the woods listening in to Conan's wire at this time. [Ran & Kogoro can also be discounted during this portion because of location as well]

Sonoko's father or uncle are the most likely. For the series they have the most ability to gather the intel needed for the organization, the money to finance it and the most to gain. With the uncle it would also give a slightly better understanding to why he is so motivated to compete against Kaito Kid, however the fact that he comes off as being extremely inept at it sort of works against his as well. They both also tend to be far removed from the black organization episodes.

Someone within the FBI is not likely to me also due to the extent Vermouth and Bourbon went to illicit responses from each one of them with the Scar Akai costume.

For the police Shiratori is the most likely, due to his own reasoning ability as well as his insterest in Conan [possible recruitment future recruitment perhaps].

And for the final joke.

It's Yoko.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
I always thought it was Okiya, since he gave Ai an uneasy feeling when they first met him. He probably reads Sherlock Holmes to understand how Conan's mind works.
Dameonstarflame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, Animeking, but you must not have been reading it lately. I'll put the truth in a spoiler tag just in case, but... spoiler[Okiya is Shuichi Akai.]
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I'd maybe bet my money on one of the kid characters since they might have been tested on before Shinichi stumbled upon the medicine. Perhaps there something went wrong and wiped one of their memories and a trigger will help them regain their knowledge that they were the Boss... maybe that's why it's taken so long for the Black Organization to do anything in the story. Anime hyper
TG72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I haven't kept up with the manga enough to guess who the boss is. But it looks like a sure bet Shinichi gets restored in the end. I'm wondering how he will have Conan 'exit' and how many people he lets know what's really happened (probably just Ran; if he went public her dad would be humiliated).
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
rpgamer79 wrote:
Thanks to his otaku doctor brother, Aoyama-sensei usually followed his advice and assigned well known seiyuu to his major introduced characters (source: previous Aoyama-sensei's interviews).

So my guess is that the boss role was given to a high profile seiyuu.

By that logic the obvious choice is Goro Otaki. I mean... who employs Norio Wakamoto to play a third string detective?! He gets pushed around by Heiji Hattori... that's just not right.
...Of course, that's my only reason for suspecting him.

An idiosyncratic guess I just came up with earlier today is Dr. Tomoaki Araide. Intelligent, friendly, and trusted by everyone, inserted himself into Sinichi's school, "was almost killed" by Vermouth (IIRC, details never given) which got him involved with the FBI as a protected witness. I just rewatched his first appearance, and his step-mother even refers to him as "That person" when she last talks of him. (in the anime subs I have- not sure it's the correct usage of "that person" though). The only problem being that he's a bit younger than you'd think the boss should be.

I definitely figure it's a minor supporting character though. Not a major character, not a barely mentioned character like Fusae Campbell, who I think is a red herring who may only come up in the penultimate chapters as a tease and play a role.

As for the final length...
1000 "files sounds like a nice round number, doesn't it? (currently in 880's)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rpgamer79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
By that logic the obvious choice is Goro Otaki. I mean... who employs Norio Wakamoto to play a third string detective?! He gets pushed around by Heiji Hattori... that's just not right.
...Of course, that's my only reason for suspecting him.

I thought about Norio Wakamoto, but his character does not fit the the boss role at all ^^". If he would, I would be seriously shocked (o_o)

My doubts are on both spoiler[Ikeada's characters, Akai Shuichi and Kuroba Toichi (the original Kaito Kido and current Kaito Kid's father). I am more on Kuroba, first his disappearance still remains mysterious (although it was claimed that he was assassinated but it is still not confirmed) , second his name has the kanji for black color (Kuro 羽) , and third he had a strong connection with Vermouth (he taught her the disguising skills).]
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
The fun fact about Araide's V.A., which could be significant if you believe in such connections, is that he is the brother of the actor who voices Gin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
No-one's placing their bets that Ai has been playing everyone all along? Razz

Truth be told that's unlikely considering how many times the series has been told been from her perspective. But it certainly would be a funny twist if that was the case...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3