• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 Golden Gets TV Anime by A-1 Pictures in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shi666san

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
I honestly don't mind a remake. It makes sense with the upcoming P4 Ultimax game; might as well make it while people are still interested.

I kinda wish it was longer, since they're probably going to keep it at 26 episodes again. I hope they fix the pacing and QUALITY.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see if Aniplex puts this one out themselves, or if they let Sentai Filmworks license it like they did with the first series.

If it's the former, expect sky high prices. If it's the latter, expect dub-only blurays.

Either way, we're pretty much screwed. Confused
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
I was watching the stream live this morning and the comment section exploded when they announced this haha!

It's very lame imo--this literally will have like 3 hours worth of new content if going by the game....at least it should have been a set of a few movies and better animation like the P3 films....but not another 26 episodes sigh.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
Ultimatum wrote:
Well, that was unexpected.

I guess this would be all-new material, then?

Quote:

According to the staff, the new anime will retell the events of the first television anime series, but will include new character Marie.

The game this adaptation is based on is mostly a retread, so this seems like a weird product to make. Especially when you consider that A1 is going to have to reanimate the same scenes that have already been done.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
I guess... they can also add... a few extra holiday scenes? I know that there were a few events that were P4G-only.

Yeah, I really hope Aniplex of America dubs it. Sentai is the very worst licencer. At the very least, I hope Sentai doesn't dub it in-house and gives it to someone else, like with K-On!
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
I guess... they can also add... a few extra holiday scenes? I know that there were a few events that were P4G-only.

Yeah, I really hope Aniplex of America dubs it. Sentai is the very worst licencer. At the very least, I hope Sentai doesn't dub it in-house and gives it to someone else, like with K-On!

I think they did really good, and they even included subtitles for the Japanese audio commentary! That is a super cool hipster thing to do. Wink

Japanese fans had to pay 50 bucks for each volume of DVDs (around 3 episode per DVD). I think we got a pretty good deal. :3
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
Well... I guess I should start playing P4G that has been sitting on my shelf for a while.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
The will resurrect Isamu Tanonaka?
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I think they should go completely crazy and MAJOR PERSONA 3 SPOILER spoiler[and bring Minato/Makoto back to life. It would be absolute hilarious if they did that.]
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember P4's BD/DVD sales are superb. So would it be unreasonable to think this will also become one of the best sellers in the upcoming summer season?

If so...SAO and Persona4...A-1 will be very very happy Anime hyper

hopefully A-1 handling multiple projects won't hurt each show's qualities.
SpiritualRemains

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Since this includes new material from Golden, will this include spoiler[the potentially depressing Valentines day scenes?] Crying or Very sad

Last edited by SpiritualRemains on Fri May 02, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
SpiritualRemains wrote:
Since this includes new material from Golden, will this include spoiler[the potentially depressing Valentines day scenes?] Crying or Very sad

If you got those messages, it's your fault for choosing the pimp route.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:

They used P4 game's original cast (from Atlus) for the Dub. (Minus Teddie and Chie who got better, in my opinion, VA's) And the dub was brilliant. Whoever grabs it will stick with the same dub if they want to actually sell copies.

Better pacing and character development hopefully? Well at least the animation quality looks a bit better. (Marie FTW) I wonder if they'll jump right into Arena afterwards?
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
It'll be interesting to see if Aniplex puts this one out themselves, or if they let Sentai Filmworks license it like they did with the first series.

If it's the former, expect sky high prices. If it's the latter, expect dub-only blurays.

Either way, we're pretty much screwed. Confused

well the dub was fine considering that they had Bang zoom instead of going with their own voice actors. not that I have a problem with any of sentai's voices but people would be pretty pissed if the entire cast of the game got replaced.
merr

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
GiriOni wrote:
They used P4 game's original cast (from Atlus) for the Dub. (Minus Teddie and Chie who got better, in my opinion, VA's) And the dub was brilliant. Whoever grabs it will stick with the same dub if they want to actually sell copies.

They also changed Naoto's VA, as well as Kanji's for the last 13 episodes. If BZ dubs this new series (which will probably happen if Sentai or Aniplex gets it), I bet Marie will have a new VA too. Eden Riegal only seems to work non-union if her brother or a friend has a behind the scenes role in the production.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3