• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Negima

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Yea, so far this series is basically taking the part of what made Negima Negima, and that's the fanservice and comedy. Almost everything in the manga (that I've read so far) is something comical, even when it's something bad happening. This one though just kind of removes the comedy and starts off with a grudge, and the beginning isn't nearly as comical as the first series in which Negi was running next to Asuna and telling her love fortunes :O After watching the second ep, I still say it's about a 6 for me, it'll need a lot more to get those numbers up in my book.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
There's still a touch of comedy here and there; but yes, that is clearly not the focus here. Nevertheless, it is a interesting rendition.

Besides, I don't think we need to see another version of Negi sneezing and revealing Asuna's bear panties. Razz
Pleroma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:

Besides, I don't think we need to see another version of Negi sneezing and revealing Asuna's bear panties. Razz

Indeed, I want more Nodoka Laughing

Anywho, we got the upcoming OVAs for fanservice up the wazoo, hence I am happy to have a TV show that does justice to the awsome action of the Manga. If they manage to pull of the MahoraFest arc in all its glory it will beat the tar out of most run-o-the-mill shonen shows.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Pleroma wrote:
KyuuA4 wrote:

Anywho, we got the upcoming OVAs for fanservice up the wazoo, hence I am happy to have a TV show that does justice to the awsome action of the Manga. If they manage to pull of the MahoraFest arc in all its glory it will beat the tar out of most run-o-the-mill shonen shows.

And speaking of Nodoka... this new version of her looks... ravishing. It must be that extra touch of zazz in her hair. Twisted Evil Laughing
beezis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
Pleroma wrote:
KyuuA4 wrote:

And speaking of Nodoka... this new version of her looks... ravishing. It must be that extra touch of zazz in her hair. Twisted Evil Laughing

Not too much of a Nodoka fan myself. Setsuna and Konoka are my favorites... atleast in the manga.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
beezis wrote:
KyuuA4 wrote:

Not too much of a Nodoka fan myself.

Yea. Do not like Nodoka much in terms of being weak. However, being able to gain confidence as the story moves along, y'gotta give her some credit.

Quote:
Setsuna and Konoka are my favorites... atleast in the manga.

They sure do make a hot pair. Twisted Evil

Setsuna: "Oujou-sama!!"
Konoka: "What is it, Sechan?"
Setsuna: "That tickles!"

(Yes, I made that up) Twisted Evil Laughing
Pleroma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
beezis wrote:

Not too much of a Nodoka fan myself. Setsuna and Konoka are my favorites... atleast in the manga.

Needs moar YURI!

Nodoka is adorable tho, and the only one I see realistically endimg up with Negi at this point. Its a shame she doesnt get much screentime during the action segments, although I think thats about to change is the most recent scanlations are anything to go by.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 of Negima!? has THIS!!!

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9581/negima2020042020large20vv0.jpg

Pretty much it's an original arc dealing with some Star Crystal. There are a bunch of moments that just screams Pani Poni Dash, but the plot progressed with spoiler[Asuna getting a new pactio card, and Nodoka completing the contract (and man did she enjoy it Wink ).] I am seriously loving this series more and more! And with this, that so-called "other" series that shall remain nameless is pretty much obliterate.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Actually, they don't get 'new' pactio cards; the pactio initially results in three cards: Armor, Charta Figura (aka "cosplay") and Suka ("miss"). From what I understand, the one you get when invoking the contract is random and there was a "starter pack" guide book with volume 16 LE of the manga which shows the basic designs for most of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Man, that's one hell of a marketing ploy right there! Laughing

(which might lead me to go nuts and start buying those limited editions Embarassed )
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
I got around to watching episodes 3 and 4 last night, and overall I like it. There are some aspects I occassionally dislike or just seem off. Like the moving boxes they sometimes do just for the hell of it; i.e. when Evangeline is talking they just suddenly decide to show most of her body in a center box, and half of her face in each of the two side boxes; it seemed pointless and really did nothing to enhance the scene. But overall, the good far outways the bad.

Random thoughts:

-Asuna seems to be trying to outdo Cloud for the most obscenely large sword.

-The three pactio card thing is an interesting touch and good way to distinguish this series from the first series and the manga.

-Nadoka is made of win; she was great in episode 4. I can't wait to see her pactio forms.

-Needs more Yue.

-I loved the whole spiel with Asuna's game and Kanako playing it at the end.

-Needs more Setsuna, especially Setsuna kicking ass and Setsuna x Kanoka action.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
-Nadoka is made of win; she was great in episode 4. I can't wait to see her pactio forms.

Her Cosplay card makes her... nice. Twisted Evil Embarassed

Think red glasses and a book.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

-Needs more Setsuna, especially Setsuna kicking ass and Setsuna x Kanoka action.

Hehehe, I'm going to tease you with this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/zefizefi/1162998321641.gif

Also you can check out that Spring special OVA where Negi and his class goes to some island. At the time when they're in their swimsuits, Setsuna can't help but gauk at Konoka's ass. Cool
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Hehehe, I'm going to tease you with this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/zefizefi/1162998321641.gif

Lovely. Smile

Quote:
Also you can check out that Spring special OVA where Negi and his class goes to some island. At the time when they're in their swimsuits, Setsuna can't help but gauk at Konoka's ass. Cool

Yeah, I've heard about that. I need to see that OVA, even though I never saw the first TV series past the first episode.
chicogrande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Maybe this series will throw in a plot point where Asuna does get her different eye color. I have an idea about it, but I think it's too outrageous and kind of gruesome. Shocked

Y'know, I prefer her with the 2 blue eyes instead.

By the way, anyone noticing any differences listed here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima%21%3F

According to the wikipedia entry: "When Negi attempts to erase Asuna's memories of seeing his magic, Asuna is not stripped of her clothes."

Aw!, er, I mean, good. We need to cut back on stripping the clothes off girls...with magic. Wink

On a side note, how does the average Negima! fan feel about the possibility of having to re-purchase the series. I'm guessing that is what is going to happen. Are they mad about it, or is the prospect of having two versions of it a novel situation?
I think this is the first time ever that two versions of a series has been produced almost back-to-back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5