• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shirobako (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that batting cage scene was really cool! I like how everyone else tries these elaborate baseball-like pitches, but end up missing the mark, while the practiced Goth-Loli just softball arms it and hits all the mark. The swings were really well-done too. I also think it's cool that this shows that Goth-Loli is left handed. There aren't many left handed characters in fiction, and this is an interesting way to show it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 17:

Fantastic episode. spoiler[I just love how the characters came together to produce this wonderful piece of work and then deliver it on screen to the audience to show the fruits of their effort.]

And also, I give praise to spoiler[Shizuka for stepping up to the stage when they needed someone. Wonderful.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

Another great episode. Kind of odd that I found myself actually liking Tarou openly praising himself when spoiler[compared to Daisuke who is mostly antisocial and seems to have no passion for the project].

Shizuka had her moment too, and are our new characters. Ai comes across as funny and adorable (spoiler[toothbrush]), and I liked how it dealt with the other two spoiler[trying to keep up and getting into a sport of trouble].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 19

So even in the gospoiler[od old days anime was not a perfect openly creative process]. perhaps it was quite similar. The people often are often doing spoiler[what is in front of them, and little acts of creativity can still hold impact]. She is having fun so even if she is not openly going for a dream, she may still find something.

All the spoiler[sour faces]. I seem to remember slang that that is rather unflattering that used to be used to describe a spoiler[sour look on someone's face when sour], can't remember the last time I heard it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote
Wonderful episode. Really loved that ED song that was used for episode 19...does anyone know the name of it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ghost_Wheel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this has been my favorite show of both seasons it's been in. It just makes me so happy every time I watch it. I have a thing for characters with serious, fleshed out passion, and watching every detail about how that passion manifests. It's why I love The Wind Rises, it's why I love Moyahsimon, and it's certainly strong in this. The real brilliance is in how you see the process, and you see all the motivations behind every decision, and when they give you that taste of a finished product, it contains all that emotion inherently. It really make me feel like I can relate to the characters and their struggles on multiple levels. It's almost hard to come up with things to talk about here because the presentation is so brazen that I know a lot of people watching really get the message. So yeah, really looking forward to the rest of it, each episode just gets better and better for me.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Wonderful episode. Really loved that ED song that was used for episode 19...does anyone know the name of it?

You mean the enka-flavored Andes Chucky theme? On another board a knowledgable observer wrote "Andes Chucky is likely based on Mountain Mouse Rocky Chuck (adaptation of Fables of the Green Forest) by Studio Zuiyo Corp." Maybe the Andes Chucky theme is based on the theme from that show?

I started rewatching this series from the beginning a few days ago. Aoi sings the Andes Chucky theme way back in episode four while walking home. It's her favorite show, and Sugie-san played an important role in its production.

Update: Wikipedia entry reports: "The ending theme for episode 19 is "Yama Harinezumi Andes Chucky" (山はりねずみアンデスチャッキー Yama Harinezumi Andesu Chakkī, "Mountain Hedgehog Andes Chucky") by Miyuki Kunitake."
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20:

Well, not bad. spoiler[I liked how the episode concentrated a bit more on emotional feelings at the work place. Nothing too surprising though as everyone has perspective of others with their roles.]

Good episode overall. spoiler[About time someone put Hiraoka into his place. I didn't like him much.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 20

Yes! Someone finally spoiler[confronted Daisuke and told him that he was screwing up the project with his half ass job]. It kind of sounded like he might have actually been spoiler[projecting his own problems when he accused Midori of taking advantage of her gender and not doing a good job].

Another good episode, there usually feels like their is a few things going on at once that makes it interesting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21:

Idk I should feel sorry for spoiler[Hiraoka or not. Anyways, this episode shows the realism of what the workplace is like when working under stress....]
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21? Haven't seen it yet, since CR's not got it up yet.
Crunchyroll wrote:
Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 21 will be delayed until early in the evening. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

They're currently projecting 2030PT, but they have beaten their projections before with other shows. I'll just check again a little later...
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, watched it with better quality and understanding so...

Well that was interesting. Regarding spoiler[Hiraoka...I'm starting to like the guy somewhat more now since he is sticking around to finish the job for animation. It requires teamwork after all and he is part of that team. I also think he is changing a bit from his egoistic self this episode which is something I'm glad to see.]

spoiler[Isokawa is also an interesting character imo. Definitely hoping to see more of him especially after that little joke he made Laughing]
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
Don't really know anything about the Japanese job market, is there like a huge shortage of potential employe? I mean production desk require no special training, its seem like it's little more than a secretary assign to episode instead of people, even less than that since good secretary sometime hold together entire workplace. So why do they have such a hard time hiring them to the point where they have to deal with someone who obviously doesn't want to work?

At the same time I think there just pushing on his character all the stuff they don't really want to talk about directly. In almost every field one of the most important skill needed is knowing where you can cut corner so that you have time/resource to really polish the important part. But it's not exactly sexy to say "yeah sometime we, in anime making business, cut corner" (which they totally do, look at the footage of the jet landing in the preview for the anime they were making, it's obvious they cut corner there since it wasn't important). So they just pouch it all on the de facto bad guy and have the other president say pretty much that just with a positive spin on it.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:44 am Reply with quote
I am loving this show so far. Have watched the first 13 episodes. Episode 12 was great overall and I think it's a great show that shows the love people inside the industry have for their work.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:48 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 21:

Idk I should feel sorry for spoiler[Hiraoka or not. Anyways, this episode shows the realism of what the workplace is like when working under stress....]

A lot of the people spoiler[around him are not happy with his work]. He seems frustrated for spoiler[getting blame for what other people do, but part of his job is to get things to work despite that and make things easier for others].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11