• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SGT Frog Invades ADVFilms.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaZ616

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
If i remember correclty, this isnt the 1st time the website got hacked. They experience a similar problem at the start of this year i..think...or was it last yr?

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Glad to hear it. I'm sure ADV will do a fine job with it, seeing as they mostly do a fine job with all of their licenses. Naming it Sgt. Keroro and not "Frog Warrior Chronicles" is a start, at least.

I've never watched it, and I've heard many good things about it, and it's directed by Yusuke Yamamoto who's handling NHK quite well, so that's high motivation for me to buy a DVD or ten.

Riyousha wrote:
I bet ADV Films is licensing the show.

No, Geneon just acquired it, and ADV is putting this Keroro-Gunsou prank on their website to help their rival make a few extra bucks.

I hope everyone knows I'm being sarcastic.

you know, i feel a bit stupid because i read and re-read this comment about five times. then i saw that lil text line. SGT Frog on the mind i guess
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
I am kinda sad that Bandai didn't get it because this show would be perfect for TV. I really would love to see this series on CN instead of AN. Ah well here is hoping but I am glad it got finally licensed. Is the manga still running in Japan?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:
If i remember correclty, this isnt the 1st time the website got hacked. They experience a similar problem at the start of this year i..think...or was it last yr?

-DaZ

It wasn't hacked.... Anime smile + sweatdrop
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:

-DaZ

Anyone have a brick wall I can beat my head against?

Anyone?

Anyone?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:36 am Reply with quote
Here you go.

Last edited by HitokiriShadow on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Glad to hear it. I'm sure ADV will do a fine job with it, seeing as they mostly do a fine job with all of their licenses. Naming it Sgt. Keroro and not "Frog Warrior Chronicles" is a start, at least.
"Frog Warrior Chronicles, ahahaha Laughing

I'm surprised to see ADV get this, but I'm sure they'll do okay, since they've always done a great job of doing complete, timely releases of 26+ episodes series, especially Super Gals, Saint Seiya and Kaleido Star.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
But I don't think ADV has ever done a series over 100 episodes. Well, there was Gatchaman and Robotech but those were nostalgia driven series. But the only other one they had that was over 100 episodes was Saint Seiya but they only released up to around 70, I believe.
aresgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
Kyaaaa!!! I'm so happy if it's licensed. I was hoping for Bandai, 'cause they've got the cool toys to go with their anime, but ADV is cool too. =) No matter what though, it means that I can buy the dvds <3 and plushies galore of my fave alien froggy, Giroro!!! I am sooooooo going to buy the first press if i can manage it. *dances all silly-like*
Lyrai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
F*** YES.

I've been following the manga on reccomendation from a friend, and was having to pass on the anime due to time constraints (I can read manga while at work, but not watch anime. Sad)

And the manga is sorely incomplete. VERY few references are explained, and for some inexplicable reason, Kururu became Kululu in Book 11. I know all about the japanese R<->L thing...but changing it 11 books into the series is jarring.
AntoJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote
I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS. T_T; I dont think ADV would take down their WHOLE WEBSITE to promote Keroro if they didn't have the licesnce (I can never spell this word for some reason :\) ... I've been waiting so long. ;_; I had been importing the japanese DVDs, but ah, no more! Hooray!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I've been waiting for this. Anime Insider said it was getting lcensed. Newtype said it was getting licensed. Summer passed-all the cons & no announcement.

Come on, Excel, Papuwa, Dragon Half, Magical Play, what they did with Ghost Story-ADV was always a top contender to pick up the frogs. Yeah, they'll mess with it, but they're pretty good with humor. At this point, I was thinking it would fall to MediaBlasters which picks up the leftovers, but the point is, it's licensed. They might even manage to pitch it to CN.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
You know what this means.

...Every single in-joke and reference is gonna get screwed.

And this is the reason why I'll be holding my money until I make sure it's a faithful translation.

I don't care for dubs, just keep the in-jokes, cross-references, original music and we're in business.
ShinigamiZero16

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:54 am Reply with quote
well finally its licensed, although when i read the initial announcement i saw on Gunota i was sorta ticked when i saw that ADV got it, but now that i think about it, i think i was more ticked at the fact that i was wrong when i said to my friends "Dont worry, whenever it gets licensed it'll definatly be by Bandai cause they get most all of their own shows anyway." than that it was ADV who got it.

lets just hope all the gundam refrences stay intact, although im sure the couple of Eva ones will remain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DaZ616

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:16 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
DaZ616 wrote:

-DaZ

It wasn't hacked.... Anime smile + sweatdrop

My bad Anime smile + sweatdrop

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6