• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aksys Adds Fate/Extra RPG, Hakuōki Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
This is such a surprise. I didn't expect Fate/Extra to ever come out. This is also really weird since I was thinking about the game yesterday.

I didn't get Fate/Unlimited Codes since fighting games aren't my thing. I'm eager to get Extra since it looks interesting.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
>_>

Aksys. What the hell. Seriously?

I don't get what you are trying to say. They license a title that anime/visual novel fans have been wanting for a while. Isn't that a good thing?
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
fhfdhfdgsfdgfdhfd >v< !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for Hakuouki~ Even if i thought it was comparatively boring to other games in the genre I'm totally in support of more girl's games hitting the states. o`uo I will pre-order this at least once possible-y twice if it would help get more games like it over here.
Loren Leah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
So they're only releasing the PSP version of Hakuouki? :( Darn, I got all excited for nothing. I was hoping for the original or at least the PS3 version... Can't really justify buying yet another system, sigh.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
John Casey wrote:
>_>

Aksys. What the hell. Seriously?

I don't get what you are trying to say. They license a title that anime/visual novel fans have been wanting for a while. Isn't that a good thing?

I was referring to Fate/Extra, actually. Sorry for the confusion.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
That sucks for me. I can't see myself buying a gaming system just so I can play ONE game.

bummer.

Given the PSP is the platform with all the support in Japan, I really doubt only 1 game interests you. This isn't the 3DS, it's been around since 2004, and is region-free.

How many other Otome games are licensed for the PSP? I had just about for sure decided on the Nintendo DS, since there seemed to be more games that I liked on that system.....
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome! Glad to see Otome games making their way here and will definitely check out Fate/Extra.

tuxedocat wrote:
Primus wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
That sucks for me. I can't see myself buying a gaming system just so I can play ONE game.

bummer.

Given the PSP is the platform with all the support in Japan, I really doubt only 1 game interests you. This isn't the 3DS, it's been around since 2004, and is region-free.

How many other Otome games are licensed for the PSP? I had just about for sure decided on the Nintendo DS, since there seemed to be more games that I liked on that system.....

A lot of PS2 era visual novels/otome games have PSP ports - Hakuouki, Hiiro no Kakera, Will'o'wisp, etc. A lot of general visual novels (like Air, etc) as well.
Splash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
dollssoulkirie wrote:
Splash wrote:
Holy moly, a major otoge title. They better not expect to sell much if they dub it, since like 80% of the appeal of otoge these days are the original seiyuu selection in Japan. =w=;;;;

Aksys mentioned that the Japanese audio are going to be in both games.

Oh AWESOME Very Happy
As for the PSP/DS for Otome, PSP definitely has more Otome, hands down. Licensed though? Hardly any, I'm actually quite surprised they're bringing one in with the original audio at all Anime hyper; I play the games all in Japanese anyway so it's fine with me either way. Still, I REALLY approve of this kind of licensing (with the original voices) and hopes it all goes well!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Primus wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

bummer.

Hakuoki is the 3rd otome game that comes to mind when mentioning licensed titles. The first two were the PC game Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards and Princess Debut on the DS with it's otome elements and the musical rhythm game play. So, taking the leap with Hakuoki will be interesting to see.. plus checking out what goodies we'll be getting with a special edition. Hopefully we'll see decent sales in this to allow more titles to be released. I've been dying for various otome games with pretty artwork to be released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
For me who just imported 2 starry sky psp games for 68 dollars a piece this is amazing news! I would totally pay for the hakuouki limited edition English version.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
puppy1843e wrote:
For me who just imported 2 starry sky psp games for 68 dollars a piece this is amazing news! I would totally pay for the hakuouki limited edition English version.

??? How in the world did it cost the much? did you get the limited edition for both(even with shipping that's still a bit high though)? <:U was it worth it for the limited edition cause I was thinking of tracking down In Autumn's LE for the PSP. But idk the Regular Edition is only 2,980 yen which is kinda really cheap(and i have the LE for autum for PC ).

But yeah, I Too would pay 68$ for LE of the game, that wouldn't be a bad price. :3
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
This is kind of nice, especially since people had been saying that the PSP wouldn't be getting many games released in english anymore because of the Vita.

I've only played a couple otome games but I'm hoping if this one does well enough it'll bring more visual novel games targeted towards women overseas. There are only a few PC ones available right now (plus a couple are yaoi games), and they're either just old or really bad. There are a lot on the PSP that can be brought over, too.
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
??? How in the world did it cost the much? did you get the limited edition for both(even with shipping that's still a bit high though)? <:U was it worth it for the limited edition cause I was thinking of tracking down In Autumn's LE for the PSP. But idk the Regular Edition is only 2,980 yen which is kinda really cheap(and i have the LE for autum for PC ).

But yeah, I Too would pay 68$ for LE of the game, that wouldn't be a bad price. :3

I made the mistake of buying the regular versions of summer and spring back back in December on yesasia when they were $68 dollars a piece. I should have waited to get them cheaper and I should have just gotten the PC versions but at the time I didn't even know it was possible for the PC versions to run on an American PC.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
puppy1843e wrote:
Quote:

I made the mistake of buying the regular versions of summer and spring back back in December on yesasia when they were $68 dollars a piece. I should have waited to get them cheaper and I should have just gotten the PC versions but at the time I didn't even know it was possible for the PC versions to run on an American PC.

daw Q__Q that's a shame that it's only the regular version that price is really inflated. But BRIGHT SIDE the PSP versions all have extra scenes compared to the PC version~ ( so that's why I want it for PSP for ~in autumn~. Hnnnggg need more scenes with Naoshi while I wait for After Autumn )
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Hakuouki in English? My friend will be thrilled to hear this. As for me I have to go me a used PSP at Game Stop when I get a job, but it will have to wait until after the first weekend or second of October cause I'm saving up for the anime convention now.

Besides I'm not getting this for one game now I can import the PSP version of Code Geass: Lost Colors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3