• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daredevil Showrunner to Pen Warner's Live-Action Akira

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Daredevil is the best thing Marvel studios came up with but Ramirez wasn´t the leading force and season 2 will be his vision. The Punisher will probably show up Very Happy.

Elektra aside, I reserve judgement on the "best Marvel" thing until they remember to include the "Sonic radar" thing that at least the Ben Affleck movie remembered to use.
But, as they're going from the Frank Miller source who didn't include it, that's not likely.
(I'm not saying that makes the Ben Affleck movie better, I'm just saying that gives two demerit points to the series.)

And not sure if the Punisher is finally free from the chains of that Lionsgate deal, but I'll still defend that "War Zone" is as close to a true Marvel-made Punisher movie as we're likely to get until he is.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
resident: They can't do an R-rated Akira, because it'd be a money-loser like Watchmen. Hell, even as successful as people claim Mad Max: Fury Road is, it still probably has a while to go before it can be declared profitable. Right now, at best, it probably just made its money back.

Eric: Best Punisher is Thomas Jane.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
Marvel got Frank (and Elektra too) back and i don´t expect an R rated Akira either with Fury Road and all that. That movie is soooo good and a borderline ramake of Mad Max 2 on top.
The Punisher: Dirty Laundry and the game are the only good (enough) Punisher (the Anime film is an ok Action film) representations as of now but the Netflix team can do it.

Listen to this EricJ www.earwolf.com/episode/punisher-war-zone/

Update: They cast the Punisher for season 2! Very Happy Let´s go for his own show next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2