• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: One Piece

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:55 am Reply with quote
Is Bonnie's secret ( yes the "controversial" one) something other than a nothing burger?, and I mean from a plot point of view, not the horrible horrible meta reason.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:55 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Is Bonnie's secret ( yes the "controversial" one) something other than a nothing burger?, and I mean from a plot point of view, not the horrible horrible meta reason.

there is controversy involving her!? first time i have heard about this and i am up to date on the manga
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:43 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

there is controversy involving her!? first time i have heard about this and i am up to date on the manga

Really? I can’t seem to travel far on Twitter without bumping into it, but it’s impossible to discuss without spoilers.

Anyways, One Piece is one of the few series that can follow up an arc set in feudal Japan with an arc set in a Tezuka sci-fi land. One Piece truly has it all.
psh_fun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:08 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

It's okay. There's a new "controversy" in the One Piece fandom every week so I can understand not being able to keep up with it or being numb to it Laughing
mgree0032

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:49 am Reply with quote
I can’t believe that how one piece had changed for the past 25 years.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:47 am Reply with quote
Mostly set-up, but as a manga reader, I can promise that this is all building to some really great stuff. Bonney and Kuma in particular get huge boosts to their characters (I was mostly indifferent to Bonney before this arc).
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:47 pm Reply with quote
4 weeks into the new arc a recap episode, why am I not surprised.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:00 pm Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:

Honestly, probably a good thing, gives them more time to make the Law fight look as good as possible.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:08 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
WatcherZer wrote:

Honestly, probably a good thing, gives them more time to make the Law fight look as good as possible.

though a recap ep isnt necessarily a good thing for its worse than fillers for some people!

makes people wonder is if they will do the same recap thing for spoiler[ captain kid when he faces off against shanks in their rematch as well as one for garp during the very brief captain koby rescue arc ]

not to mention a possible recap CP0 ep when they arrive at egghead island!

and speaking of, im surprised that the reviewer gave the blackbeard vs law fight and the whole bonney being kuma's daughter a mention as major reveals, but not CP0 and specifically former CP9 members luuci and kaku making their way to egghead island as well, which will more or less trigger a potential rematch with luffy & zoro since their mission is to kill vegapunk himself!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This is the beginning of another big throwdown that has been a long time coming: Trafalgar Law versus Blackbeard.

In what way? Have they ever even met before this?
cheshire1501

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:59 pm Reply with quote
If I had a dollar for every time a character voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya got a genderbend version in cannon that was shown on screen I would have two dollars. Is not a lot but is weird that it has happened twice
(For reference https://twitter.com/javitagracia/status/1756696799908086241)
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:21 pm Reply with quote
It's been a while since I read the chapter(s), but is this where the fight ended in the manga? I thought spoiler[we saw the fight finished], but maybe I'm thinking of another.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
It's been a while since I read the chapter(s), but is this where the fight ended in the manga? I thought spoiler[we saw the fight finished], but maybe I'm thinking of another.

No, you’re right, but we won’t be seeing that for a few more episodes, unless they rearrange scenes.
Brack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Quote:
This is the beginning of another big throwdown that has been a long time coming: Trafalgar Law versus Blackbeard.

In what way? Have they ever even met before this?

Yes, two years ago at the unseen, but occasionally discussed, Rocky Port Incident. It's how Teach, Law and Koby know each other.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:25 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Covnam wrote:

No, you’re right, but we won’t be seeing that for a few more episodes, unless they rearrange scenes.

im more surprised that the reviewer did not say anything regarding vegapunk and his connection to dragon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 48 of 49