• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece Gets 'Big News' in 30th Shonen Jump Issue on June 22

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toitles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing it'll be another TV special like 3D2Y which will show how Luffy first used Gear Fourth. Either that or another film, probably also with Gear Fourth.
bigivel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
chex mix wrote:
Yeah, dude, you may or may not be right, but you're gonna have to do better than that for evidentiary support. Shocked Either overall numbers or last 10-20 years, please.

What evidentiary support?

I have how much The 4 best series of Toei earned in 2014 in terms of Domestic Licences, Overseas Film(Movies, Television, DVDs and others) and Overseas Licences:

Here the data:
Source: http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/ir/201503_4Q_keisu.pdf
(Note: The source numbers are in Yen. I converted them to Dollars)
(Note: The source also have the data of the 4 previous years(2011-2013))

Domestic Licences
1st One Piece - 29.24 Million Dollars
2nd Pretty Cure - 6.15 Million Dollars
3rd Dragon Ball - 4.95 Million Dollars
4th Sailor Moon - 2.75 Million Dollars

Overseas Film
1st One Piece - 8.36 Million Dollars
2nd Dragon Ball - 7.31 Million Dollars
3rd Saint Seiya - 2.00 Million Dollars
4th Sailor Moon - 1.41 Million Dollars

Oversea Licenses
1st One Piece - 7.26 Million Dollars
2nd Dragon Ball - 3.23 Million Dollars
3rd Saint Seiya - 1.14 Million Dollars
4th Sailor Moon - 0,93 Million Dollars

3 from the 5(One Piece, Pretty Cure, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya) are from Weekly Shonen Jump.

As a rough comparison, we have that the best DVD/BD series since 2000, was Gundam Seed Destiny, that from February 2005(first DVD release) to the April 2010(DVD Box set), 5 years, earned 43.58 Million Dollars(average 8.72 Million Dollars per year).
Now, only part of that earning would go to Sunrise, and that would only count has the DVDs part of its Domestic Film account(Unfortunately Toei doesn't show their Top 4 Domestic Film earnings, but they show the total: 80.33 Million Dollars). But consider that amount as an amazing number to do.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Well it's about time Rolling Eyes Oda has been killing me with not showing Chopper and the other's for such a long time i still thought he could have easilly show the other straw hat's at the same time unless he proves me wrong.
chex mix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
chex mix wrote:
Yeah, dude, you may or may not be right, but you're gonna have to do better than that for evidentiary support. Shocked Either overall numbers or last 10-20 years, please.

What evidentiary support?

I have how much The 4 best series of Toei earned in 2014 in terms of Domestic Licences, Overseas Film(Movies, Television, DVDs and others) and Overseas Licences:

Here the data:
Source: http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/ir/201503_4Q_keisu.pdf
(Note: The source numbers are in Yen. I converted them to Dollars)
(Note: The source also have the data of the 4 previous years(2011-2013))

Domestic Licences
1st One Piece - 29.24 Million Dollars
2nd Pretty Cure - 6.15 Million Dollars
3rd Dragon Ball - 4.95 Million Dollars
4th Sailor Moon - 2.75 Million Dollars

Overseas Film
1st One Piece - 8.36 Million Dollars
2nd Dragon Ball - 7.31 Million Dollars
3rd Saint Seiya - 2.00 Million Dollars
4th Sailor Moon - 1.41 Million Dollars

Oversea Licenses
1st One Piece - 7.26 Million Dollars
2nd Dragon Ball - 3.23 Million Dollars
3rd Saint Seiya - 1.14 Million Dollars
4th Sailor Moon - 0,93 Million Dollars

3 from the 5(One Piece, Pretty Cure, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya) are from Weekly Shonen Jump.

As a rough comparison, we have that the best DVD/BD series since 2000, was Gundam Seed Destiny, that from February 2005(first DVD release) to the April 2010(DVD Box set), 5 years, earned 43.58 Million Dollars(average 8.72 Million Dollars per year).
Now, only part of that earning would go to Sunrise, and that would only count has the DVDs part of its Domestic Film account(Unfortunately Toei doesn't show their Top 4 Domestic Film earnings, but they show the total: 80.33 Million Dollars). But consider that amount as an amazing number to do.

Thanks, that's more than enough. The stuff you posted in your previous post was also more than enough. I just wanted something recent, as your first post only quoted really old things and the point you were trying to make was about Toei's current status. I'm not really too attached to it either way, though. But I believe you. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4