• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Author Criticizes L Actor in Live-Action Death Note Show, Praises Light

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
Why the heck is the word protagonist in quotation marks? There's nothing questionable about Light's role as the main character.

Aside from his morally questionable decision to kill people in cold blood which include innocent people along with using them to his own benefit?
TrustTheFungus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
EastN3 wrote:
Why the heck is the word protagonist in quotation marks? There's nothing questionable about Light's role as the main character.

Aside from his morally questionable decision to kill people in cold blood which include innocent people along with using them to his own benefit?

That's not relevant to the definition of protagonist.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Didn't say it was.
TrustTheFungus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure what you were trying to say in your previous post. EastN3 asked why the article treated Light's protagonist status questionably, when he clearly fits the definition. What point were you trying to make with your reply? A reply to a post about the definition of protagonist.
apopheniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:23 am Reply with quote
Cerceaux wrote:
Have to agree, the L actor is pretty bad. The Light guy is making a good effort, but L doesn't make an impression at all. I want to see a live-action L who actually looks and acts like a weird creepy shut-in, not an aspiring boy-band member wearing eyeliner.

I don't mind the eyeliner, but I wish they'd use it to make his eyes look bigger and more sunken in. It's half the fun of L's character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2