• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Gets Spinoff Manga, 'Important Announcement' Next Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The only thing that would really surprise me is a big budget, live-action Hollywood movie with established stars! Very Happy

But I think I'd rather have an anime, though.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I expect an anime and atm everything is pointing in the direction of being Lerche behind it (which is effing great!!). The Assassination Classroom anime (also done by lerche) came to light the same way (a registered domain name) and the registration of the url yesterday was registered by the exact same people that registered the Assassination Classroom domain.
I personally hope its Lerche. This year they've made three absolutely fantastic adaptations. Ass Class was near perfect an adaptation in my eyes as a fan of the manga since its inception, Monster Musume I've heard was to the letter, and School - Live i've heard that while they changed events around, they still did only 30 20 page chapters in 12 episodes. These guys are the new dogs in town, and i think these guys would handle the anime to absolute perfection. 7 days until we may find out, let the hype/worry train begin.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
The only thing that would really surprise me is a big budget, live-action Hollywood movie with established stars! Very Happy

But I think I'd rather have an anime, though.

Well, I don't think it'd get made anyway since people would assume it's a rip-off of the movie "Skyhigh." It has the same premise of a world full of superheroes, a school for them, and the main character not having powers.
Jon23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Cool can't wait
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why this show is popular. Its hitman reborn x naruto basically.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think is bad by any means, but it strikes me as being pretty popular and I have to wonder if its just that shonen fans are used to some rigid formula that always seems to work.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I don't understand why this show is popular. Its hitman reborn x naruto basically.

Well Naruto's kinda popular, isn't it?
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think is bad by any means, but it strikes me as being pretty popular and I have to wonder if its just that shonen fans are used to some rigid formula that always seems to work.

Its got great art, a good story, great characters, and massive potential. If its got all those, i don't really think people give a damn about uniqueness or originality. I prefer a fantastic series over a original series that's shit anyday.
I know many disagree, but the series is starting to get really dark and serious and has serious hints at the MC's becoming villains or anti heroes.
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
We really aren't going to get anymore long running Shonen Jump anime like One Piece, Naruto or Bleach are we Crying or Very sad

JoJo has a lot of episodes, if that counts.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Not necessarily restricted to just shounen fans; the entire concept of tropes effectively describes that there are things proven to be successful, if executed well, in all sorts of mediums and genres. It's a human thing.

I've always said that My Hero Academia was basically early Naruto, but with superheroes instead of ninja as the motif. And it's very well executed. Proven concepts* combined with good execution and publicity/opportunity** tend to make a winner, I think.

*let's not forget that Naruto was a hit from the beginning
** the automatic large potential audience that comes with Weekly Shounen Jump
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Come on, people. It's pretty clear the important announcement is that Kouhei Horikoshi has finally reached Level 50 and/or Rank S+ 99 in Splatoon.

killjoy_the wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

Well Naruto's kinda popular, isn't it?

So was Reborn! Hence, it makes perfect sense that My Hero Academia is popular.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

You could ask the same thing about "Attack on Titan," which was just "Neon Genesis Evangelion" without the robots.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
Ushio wrote:
We really aren't going to get anymore long running Shonen Jump anime like One Piece, Naruto or Bleach are we Crying or Very sad

Why would you want that though? Naruto and Bleach have an absurd amount of filler, and One Piece has serious serious pacing issues. An ongoing anime of this would lead to disaster. Just look at World Trigger right now. Do you really want that to happen to My Hero Academia? I certainly don't.

Does it really matter? It's not like the original is going anywhere (manga) so if it's trash,you can still go back to the manga.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
gtmvanity wrote:
If its an anime announcement, then god dammit. Atleast wait for a while before animating it so it can actually get the popularity a series like Boku no Hero deserves.

Literally this, they are too greedy nowadays. I really hope it isnt
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
gtmvanity wrote:
If its an anime announcement, then god dammit. Atleast wait for a while before animating it so it can actually get the popularity a series like Boku no Hero deserves.

The best case scenario is that it ends up getting a 12-25 episode series. If so, then the battle with Stain would be the most logical point to end it. The Sports Festival Arc would be too anti-climactic.

If they plan on making it ongoing, let's hope that the manga will at least be two years old by then. Otherwise, we'd be getting filler up the crap hole.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
gtmvanity wrote:

The best case scenario is that it ends up getting a 12-25 episode series. If so, then the battle with Stain would be the most logical point to end it. The Sports Festival Arc would be too anti-climactic.

If they plan on making it ongoing, let's hope that the manga will at least be two years old by then. Otherwise, we'd be getting filler up the crap hole.

I could see it ending the first season at the Sports Festival Arc, also filler could really strengthen this series if done right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3