• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2016 'Tales of' TV Anime Is Tales of Zestiria the X

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Thank god it's not another Zestiria game.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
I am so excited for this! Can't go wrong with more Tales Of! Very Happy
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
Well, this looks like yet another show to look forward to in 2016.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! can't wait! ToZ was also my first Tales game.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
ZaYDgH123 wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:
Didn't you just say Zesteria was your first Tales game?

well it is, but its not like I'm clueless about others, I want to play Xillia but the problem is I only have a PC and a PS4, thats why I want it to get a PS4 remastered ver, also I've heard that its better than Zestiria story-wise.

I'm planning on getting Symphonia on steam.

I'm a newbie who is interested on older titles but can't play them.

hopefully we will get the other games released on PS4, that would be great

Symphonia is good, for such an older game. A lot of people say is "the best" but I think its up to the person.

Honestly, I wish Bamco would be a little more open with their releases. They've skipped so many versions and games that its hard for the series to TRULY have a place. And re-releases, even on Steam for a mass-user-base would be welcome. Heck, they don't even have many of their titles available on PSN; it's hard for people to buy them.

But, I will say that there is a PS2 emulator that will run discs on your PC if you happen across a decent priced copy of Abyss or Legendia and if your PC can handle the pull of an emulator.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:43 pm Reply with quote
here's a question why Zestiria? Graces and Xillia both had much better stories and characters that could work well for an anime, also love it how the trailer even show cased Alichia and Dezzel when both are not even in the party that long spoiler[especially Dezzel who got killed off]
epiphany11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
3 options imo

1) Yeah, might be a cross-over with character from the two/three games etc. meh. I've never been a fan of those, feels always fanfictional and not canon. And honestly, with two games, I had enough Xillia.

2) It might be a cross-over type b: Zestiria might connect to Xillia in the end; by this I mean both games play in the same universe, and Xillia is the future? Elysia certainly reminded me of Milla's village in Xillia. But it's been ages since I played Xillia and I remember next to nothing..That's how strong the impact the game had on me was...

3)It's blasphemy Anime hyper The "gentle shepard" is another name for Jesus, Elysia (=the name for the greek paradise) lieing above the clouds with the"seraphim" (=angels) living there is obviously referring to Christian paradise. Mikleo and Sorey are "descending" from there to the world of humans where they purify the humans of evil. People praying to the shepard is another reference to the New Testament...Enough references I guess to justify the association of a "cross" with Jesus' final moments I guess. Though, admittedly, the Japanese names and texts are pretty different. Well, the translation is just one giant error anyways.

Personally, I thought "~the journey is leaving the boundaries of Zestiria" meant that this will be a sequel. I thought so because they showed Xillia + Xillia 2. It's like one of those intelligence tests - Xilia 2 ~ Xillia like Zestiria the X ~ Zestiria. I also thought so because it's called ToZ, not ToZ X Xillia, and also because (my guess) the new guy there with the white/pink hair is probably Maotelus. He's having a big dragon on his clothes after all.

But, I might be completely wrong. If it's 1) or 2) I just hope they don't stuff too many chracters in there. Just Xillia 1 please!

I thought ToZ was much better characterwise than ToX. Though the story felt rushed like HELL. It felt like they originally had a really good script and then someone liked to use the shredder a little too much. So I am actually hoping they can make up for that.
epiphany11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
here's a question why Zestiria? Graces and Xillia both had much better stories and characters that could work well for an anime, also love it how the trailer even show cased Alichia and Dezzel when both are not even in the party that long spoiler[especially Dezzel who got killed off]

I don't agree. Zestiria was rushed so much, that I was even asking myself at the end what was going on.
And I liked Graces! Very much so, probably more than most others do. But I have this giant issue there with their friendship-thing.
Zestiria -too rushed. Graces - problem with Asbels motivation. In the end I couldnt say that one is "better".
Xillia has cr*** characters. Jude and Milla have like 0 chemistry between them, and Jude is like ff12's Vaan. And I really have enough of Xillia by now. As Xillia 2 showed - it's not getting any better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2