• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Luck & Logic Gets New Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
come on Guys, perhaps their Home market love this anime. We should respect that, it is not that they made it just for us western fans. We are not the anime world Sun and all things circle around us
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
Seska1973 wrote:
come on Guys, perhaps their Home market love this anime. We should respect that, it is not that they made it just for us western fans. We are not the anime world Sun and all things circle around us

Don't know if anyone has the numbers, but I'm pretty sure those discs ain't selling like cupcakes...

If there's something that influenced this decision, it was the exposure it's giving the trading card game, as already mentioned here a couple of posts ago.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
Holy flying lizard pajamas!

I don't hate the series but it is a slice of life monster fighter minus the life part and it's all too easy too imagine this premise being redone with a new mix of gods, demons and humans with the same sort of pointlessness.

And this is from someone who liked it! I mean, didn't hate it.

Bring Chloe back for season 2.
Terrible series, trite.

Don't forget Yukari and Q, the winged cartoon blob.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Seska1973 wrote:

Don't know if anyone has the numbers, but I'm pretty sure those discs ain't selling like cupcakes...

If there's something that influenced this decision, it was the exposure it's giving the trading card game, as already mentioned here a couple of posts ago.

Yeah, the presales for it have been pretty terrible, to be honest, so the only way this is making money is through other means. And it's just NOT a good show. If it was a show that just wasn't for me, I'd be more accepting of this. But a flat out baad show that isn't even selling well getting a second season is a little bit perturbing. Something else is driving it though. I guess this is yet more proof that disc sales aren't all that indicative of actual success.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
But a flat out baad show that isn't even selling well getting a second season is a little bit perturbing. Something else is driving it though. I guess this is yet more proof that disc sales aren't all that indicative of actual success.

You just realise this now?

The Luck & Logic anime is just an ad for the trading card game of the same name. As long as the TCG becomes popular it doesn't matter if disc sales are bad, because ads don't have to make money on their own, and anime is not where the money is.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, this remind me of Charlotte. nearly the same, just it did not got an 2nd Season. But also the Headlines are just saying about "gets a New Anime Series", not about an 2nd Season. Lets see
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
For the three people who like this show this must be great news!
Also wouldn't compare this to Charlotte. Charlotte was a hot mess but it had a lot of good things going for it too. L&L is just dull.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:

One of those is me, so Im definately happy to see more.

-Stuart Smith
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
But a flat out baad show that isn't even selling well getting a second season is a little bit perturbing. Something else is driving it though. I guess this is yet more proof that disc sales aren't all that indicative of actual success.

You just realise this now?

The Luck & Logic anime is just an ad for the trading card game of the same name. As long as the TCG becomes popular it doesn't matter if disc sales are bad, because ads don't have to make money on their own, and anime is not where the money is.

No, I didn't realize this just now. I've been making that point for years. Unfortunately a lot of people still equate poor disc sales with financial failure, in spite of alternate income sources. Hence, my comment..
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
i can trow in another example that is still airing right now. Gundam IBO. They Disc sales do not looks that good, but the other income with gundam model frames and such push it up again. So this show is doing good

But let us not go into to much offtopic. its L&L we are talking here about. so sorry for that
+ 光

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Why assume it's a season 2? They merely stated a 'new anime series'.

Maybe whoever's in charge realized that this Luck & Logic was flappier than pancakes, so it lead to a "Oops, that one didn't work, better back track and try again!"-reaction.

I mean, if the company's got money, hitting a 'reset' button is not all that impossible (sure sure you might say "but the damage's already been done!" I say "they can learn from their mistakes and try to improve")
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
i can trow in another example that is still airing right now. Gundam IBO. They Disc sales do not looks that good, but the other income with gundam model frames and such push it up again. So this show is doing good

The Franchise must be at least be in the black as far as the main stay of Net Game promotion is going.

I just find it amusing there is so much HATE-dumb over a series that has a second season announcement regardless of quality.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Seska1973 wrote:

But let us not go into to much offtopic. its L&L we are talking here about. so sorry for that

What are you talking about? Gundam IBO v1 sold over 10K, and I think v2 was over 8K. Those are actually pretty great sales. If it averages around 8K it'd be good enough to warrant a S2 even without the Gunpla money
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Seska1973 wrote:

What are you talking about? Gundam IBO v1 sold over 10K, and I think v2 was over 8K. Those are actually pretty great sales. If it averages around 8K it'd be good enough to warrant a S2 even without the Gunpla money

This the second time I've seen someone say that IBO isn't selling well. I can only assume they are trying to compare it to SEED and other Gundam shows from the 90s and early 2000s which isn't really relevant anymore, to be honest. And of the more recent Gundam series, it's selling quite well, like you noted. So, yeah, IBO is not selling poorly on disc at all.
Also, season 2 for IBO is all but confirmed at this point already.

+ 光 wrote:
Why assume it's a season 2? They merely stated a 'new anime series'.

Maybe whoever's in charge realized that this Luck & Logic was flappier than pancakes, so it lead to a "Oops, that one didn't work, better back track and try again!"-reaction.

Laughing That would be amusing. Unfortunately, I don't think they could even get me interested enough in a remake to watch more of this.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
CheezcakeMe wrote:

One of those is me, so Im definately happy to see more.

-Stuart Smith
Me too, very happy! Very Happy My logic tells me that CheezcakeMe is incorrect in their assessment, as proven by the announcement. I don't think a second season would be green-lit just because Bushiroad has a lot of money that they want to waste to back a failing franchise to prove they weren't wrong or something. I'd bet that the card game sales have been good enough with the anime linkage. @Animegomaniac Don't "dis" Quetzie or the kigurumi outfit. In case no one noticed, while the outfit looks weird, this game/series is aimed squarely at middle-school girls and kigurumi are all the rage in that group (also appearing in YuruYuri San-Hai which is for the same target market). Thus Yukari is an stand-in for the average middle-school girl fans, while Athena and the others probably work for the older/high-school fangirls.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3