• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Generations Anime Telling Pokémon Game Stories to Launch on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
Was kind of excited (kind of), until I saw it was all Red. Red this, Red that. I'm so tired of him. He has nothing to do with games outside of Kanto and Johto.

Your point???

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a troll. Confused

Take that noise somewhere else.

As a continued Pokemon fan since Generation I, this is my opinion. I'm sorry that you disagree with it, but not everyone is going to agree with you. And, frankly, name-calling and telling me I can't post my opinion are not at all mature ways to handle different opinions.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Uhm, wow. Did not see that coming. Green looks ridiculously, overly handsome there, though. Pokémon's fujo following isn't going anywhere, PokéCo, you can use the Sugimori designs.

There's no telling what exactly they'll want to cover, but I guess a wish list for me would be...

-Gold/Ethan VS Whitney. Miltank wrecks his life.
-The Mahogany Town Rocket fight; not just the Red Gyarados portion, but the underground base. Maybe a cute moment where Gold/Ethan gets blown up by one of the Electrode.
-Gold/Ethan VS Green at the Viridian Gym
-Ruby/Brendan finds Rayquaza
-A five-minute short completely dedicated to Wally, the sickly trainer with Ralts.
-Ruby/Brendan and Sapphire/May at the Battle Frontier. Doing anything. The main Pokémon anime kind of shat on the Battle Frontier's actual structure. Understandable to an extent, but still annoying. The game's Battle Pyramid is so much cooler than the anime's.
-One of the DP protags taking on Cynthia for the Champion title. I'd like it to be Hikari/Dawn, but maybe since she was all over the anime they would want more focus on Koki/Lucas.

There's literally endless possibilities... but from the looks of it they're gonna focus on the plot-heavy Legendary stories, which for the most part don't really interest me.

EDIT: Duh, they have to do Gold VS Red at Mt. Silver... right? Also, less fan-grabby but would still be cool, Brendan VS Steven Stone at Meteor Falls.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
Was kind of excited (kind of), until I saw it was all Red. Red this, Red that. I'm so tired of him. He has nothing to do with games outside of Kanto and Johto.

Your point???

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a troll. Confused

Take that noise somewhere else.

I've also been a fan since Generation I, and I, too, am sick of how Generation I characters and Pokémon take precedence over everything else. But I'm sick of them in the way I'd get sick of bean burritos if I won a year's worth of them in a contest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3