• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Re: Zero Novel Ad: 'TV Anime's Sequel' is in the Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
White Fox: Leave us alone.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
I will gladly buy both manga and novel versions but will also still hold out hope that we one day get a series 2.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Unlike the Rokka anime which was well received in the west but not so much in Japan, Re:Zero seems to be beloved on both sides of the Pacific so a second season is a matter of "when" and not "if."
oFFoy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
shuusei wrote:
now if only yenpress could speed up the releases so i don't have to wait till 2019 to read past the anime.

I did the complex calculations, it actually will take 3 more years to get the 9 chapters translated at this tempo :C I guess it is time for plan B, learning japanese.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Look like im too late..there are already fighting weather a sequal will be made or not.

Let me clarify...this does not mean that anime will end here..it just means that for now if you want to know more of the story you have to buy and read the novels..most obvius is that volume 9 was not completely adapted there is more content just after it was finish in the anime and you have to buy volume 9 to see all of it.

The Author already wrote he would like to do more..but we have to wait for more volumes to coem out so people can buy those before they make another one..cause if u do the anime right after the first series end..you will buy the anime and not the books..after all the anime is to advertise the novel ..not to replace it.

so give it time it will come out eventually.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Obligatory read the source material. Nothing new here. If Season 2 anime happens then it'll happen.
Vongola Prim0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
it's not that hard to understand. They are basically saying the spot where Episode 25: "That's all this story is about" ended isn't the spot where Vol.9 Chapter 5 "That's all this story is about" ends. The volume coming out in 7 days is gonna have the sequel to the anime ending aka the true ending of "That's all this story is about".

While reading through behind-the-scene interviews, I have noticed, the staff really has grown to love the series and the situation often got depressing/awkward, to a point where the scriptwriter adding a lighthearted moment like " Cat Punch" as Puck's line lead to the director personally thanking him for that original bit of comedy.

My point is, clearly the ending they decided on and the anime they poured their souls into making wasn't seen by them as a advertisement for the Light Novels. This is of course a great advertisement for the LN but anyone who thinks they didn't add the plot twist just so they can do this is fooling themselves. It's clear that they really just wanted things to end on a good note with conflicts resolved
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
oFFoy wrote:
shuusei wrote:
now if only yenpress could speed up the releases so i don't have to wait till 2019 to read past the anime.

I did the complex calculations, it actually will take 3 more years to get the 9 chapters translated at this tempo :C I guess it is time for plan B, learning japanese.

How did you get that? V2 comes out this year, V3 is in March, at this pace mid 2018 is when v9 comes out.
Larkan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
That also says that the whole series(counting spin offs and everything) has 2M copies in print.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know that the TV show covered all the 8 printed LN volumes. I mean, I knew that the original WN (web novel) was already on Arc 4 (and possibly starting 5 soon, for what I read), but if all the LNs were adapted, another season is quite some time away.
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
I didn't know that the TV show covered all the 8 printed LN volumes. I mean, I knew that the original WN (web novel) was already on Arc 4 (and possibly starting 5 soon, for what I read), but if all the LNs were adapted, another season is quite some time away.

I don't know where you got that from but the WN is about 25 chapters into the 6th arc Smile.

Not really. Arc 4 should amount to about 8-10 light novel volumes which the author releases in a monthly-bimonthly pace starting with next week. Volume 10 is already announced for October, Volume 11 will be then November or December the latest and this goes on until he is finished sometimes next year with arc 4. That's when there is enough material for a second season. Starting with the 4th arc the author wrote his WN in comparably more refined way since he knew that it would be translated into a LN series. This continues in the 5th and 6th arc so you can expect this extremely fast pace to continue until he will be occupied with another possible anime production.

Last edited by Mitrospeed on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
msvitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Mitrospeed wrote:
croesys wrote:
So as someone who doesn't quite understand how advertising for anime/light novels in Japan works, does this imply that we're not getting another season?

No not at all. This is merely saying that the story still continues and what the anime showed isn't the end, especially not of the 9th volume.

It's very likely that they initially planned to adapt the entirety of volume 9 but throughout the production they had to alter the ending point.

This here is clever usage of this change in order to promote the incomplete adaptation of a volume that will be released soon. The title of the episode which is actually the title of the 5th chapter of the 9th volumes proves the point further that this is a little cleverly thought out advertising strategy.

so season 2 is still possible right?
just have to wait till more volumes have been released. by the way, how much volume does arc 4 covers essay-kun?
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
This guy has started to translate the Web Novel.

https://translationchicken.com/
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I hope that game is ported to this side of the world. We may not get more Re:Zero anime, but I'll be happy with the source material and some gaming, too.
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
msvitch wrote:

so season 2 is still possible right?
just have to wait till more volumes have been released. by the way, how much volume does arc 4 covers essay-kun?

Yeah. It was not in any danger in the first place. Yes, we're basically playing the waiting game now Smile.

The way they concluded this season is actually beneficial for a second season because instead of going through the content in a rush which is unrepairable they decided to not go as far and do it properly.

We shouldn't forget that this season wasn't meant to be 25 episodes and only got extended because they decided to give certain scenes more screentime ( 16 - 18 + 19 - 21 ). On top of that they accumulated more than a full episode worth of extra time by skipping the OP & ED. In other words we got 25 episodes with the content of 27. So I can't blame the production for taking the safe route and not butchering majority of the 9th volume just to end at a certain point.

The missing parts of arc 3 can easily be implemented afterwards via "Episode 0" a week prior to episode 1 of a possible second season. It would reel in fans from season 1, it would create some commotion so that most of the eyes are on it again and at last it would be a perfect appetizer that perfectly depicts what this upcoming season has to offer in terms of tone.

We don't know yet, we can only assume. Arc 4 has around 130 chapters ( 140 including IF-Chapters and B-Chapters ) which is about 50 more than arc 3 in itself. The author and his editor surely will do some minor alterations to make it more comfortable to read, you know like swapping some events, better transitions, shortening some scenes, adding content to other scenes etc. All in all I'd say we can expect everything from 8-10 volumes.

Last edited by Mitrospeed on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3