• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Comiket 91 Plagued by Queue Issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:57 am Reply with quote
It will be lucky enough if I ever go to Comiket, but finding an actual out-of-copyright manga there would be even rarer. Hey, people want to find rare stuff there, that's what I would want to find there.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:59 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
It will be lucky enough if I ever go to Comiket, but finding an actual out-of-copyright manga there would be even rarer. Hey, people want to find rare stuff there, that's what I would want to find there.

I think you might be confused about what Comiket is... It's not a flea market for people to sell their old stuff. It's like a giant artists alley where people sell things they create themselves, new.

There are no used manga or used doujinshi shops or tables at Comiket. In fact, I think "reselling" or selling goods you didn't create yourself is explicitly banned by the rules. Tables only sell their own work (this is not strictly true, sometimes tables will sell doujinshi from other tables but it's never "resell"). Most of them also sell back issues from previous comikets if they still have stock left, but it's always new, never used.

If you want to find old manga or used goods you should just go to Akihabara and hit up stores like Mandarake which specialize in used stuff.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
They need a bigger space, and to not be so Tokyo-centric.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2