• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Interviews with Monster Girls, ACCA, Fuuka, Chaos;Child Anim

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that Funimation got Interviews with Monster Girls because I just LOVE anything to do with Monster Girls. Very Happy
CaRoss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
This is a great set of licenses for streaming. I was looking forward to all of these titles, to varying degrees, and cannot wait to be able to watch them.

Fuuka, which I'm super pumped for due to my love for the manga and its prequel Suzuka, and Chaos;Child are probably the two I'm most happy about, but the others were also pretty high up there on the "intriguing" list for me.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
CR and Funimation are the new overlords.

A moment of silence for Sentai Filmworks. (maybe now they'll go back and dub stuff like Haikyuu).

I'm sure CR also have Konosuba, Yowapeda 3, Rakugo 2 and a bunch of short series as well.

Most of the anime from this season will probably end up being bad, but at least everyone will be able to watch whatever they want with ease.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this is much better. Not sure which to check out though.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Nice that Funi picked up "Interviews with Monster Girls" I will definitely be watching that. I should have expected Fuuka since they licensed Suzuka back in the day, same with Chaos;Child since they licensed all of the Science series (minus Occultic;Nine).
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
All right Crunchyroll got Interviews With Monster Girls great stoked for this one
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
A bit early in saying this, but I'm looking forward to the first three getting dubs.
hsbeta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I can't watch Seiren, Fuuka and Acca in Germany, this is AWESOME!!!

Last edited by hsbeta on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I know this is merely speculation, but I think Funi is going to get Alexis as Fuuka (1st one) and Josh as the show's lead guy.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
This is crazy I think the only show funi is missing for me is Gabriel dropout otherwise they have acquired every show I wanted to see.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
The partnership between Funimation and Crunchyroll is great, opening up more regions. Previously, I bet some of these wouldn't even be in NA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
hsbeta wrote:
I can't watch Seiren, Fuuka and Acca in Germany, this is AWESOME!!!

Being in Finland, I can't either(except perhaps Fuuka(nordic?)). Yet I am still looking forward watching Seiren shortly after it is streamed. Very Happy Fill in the rest... Wink
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
This is crazy I think the only show funi is missing for me is Gabriel dropout otherwise they have acquired every show I wanted to see.

who knows they may still dub it this or next season
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool another lineup let's see what we got here:

- A slice-of-nothing ever happens that's only gaining attention because it's following the recent trend of monster girls. Lame, not worth my time.

- A possibly witty drama show based around policeman which is led by the creative staff of One Punch Man (the source material is written by Natsume One, the gal who wrote "House of Five Leaves" and "Ristorante Paradiso"). Finally, a new show with real potential!

- A generic romcom based around a love triangle, no thank you.

- A show that gets people excited because of the semicolon in it's title only to disappoint them since it will inevitably be trash just like "Chaos;Head," "Robotics;Notes," and the recent "Occultic;Nine." Steins;Gate is the only show in this regard that was actually ok.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Oh cool another lineup let's see what we got here:

- A slice-of-nothing ever happens that's only gaining attention because it's following the recent trend of monster girls. Lame, not worth my time.

- A possibly witty drama show based around policeman which is led by the creative staff of One Punch Man (the source material is written by Natsume One, the gal who wrote "House of Five Leaves" and "Ristorante Paradiso"). Finally, a new show with real potential!

- A generic romcom based around a love triangle, no thank you.

- A show that gets people excited because of the semicolon in it's title only to disappoint them since it will inevitably be trash just like "Chaos;Head," "Robotics;Notes," and the recent "Occultic;Nine." Steins;Gate is the only show in this regard that was actually ok.

so salty
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2