• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Network Online to Cease Streaming on August 20

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I suppose I'll have to find another place to watch a certain favorite of mine someplace else.

...or hope CR will pick it up.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been using HiDive for two days now, their streaming - once they got past the "Beta" bugs that always plague a big project - is working very well. I've not seen any hesitations in any of the episodes I've watched. The School-Live dub is pretty good, but they don't have all those episodes up yet.

Mark Gosdin
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I suppose I'll have to find another place to watch a certain favorite of mine someplace else.

Is it destiny of the shrine maiden? If so I'm sad as well. Also sad about cannan, another, and nyankoi.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm Reply with quote
The sad reality is that most are canceling their cable & switching to streaming sites.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:
The sad reality is that most are canceling their cable & switching to streaming sites.

Not most. While "cord cutting" is becoming more commonplace, the majority of people still have some cable or satellite package. This is especially true since dropping cable entirely is often more expensive than keeping a slim package and your internet service.
wastrel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
Site uses HTML5 instead of Flash, which is good. Has mix of shows I've seen, shows I haven't seen yet and was at least interested in, and shows I didn't know about.

I subscribed.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quote
Probably was a request from Amazon since they partnered up with them and it's a conflict of interest to have 2 stream sites for Sentia's anime.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:38 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Probably was a request from Amazon since they partnered up with them and it's a conflict of interest to have 2 stream sites for Sentia's anime.

It's probably not the case. They already launched a replacement service on another site.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:

The problem with The Anime Network is that they've never been fully committed to either being a fully online network or cable/satellite entity, and that's the real problem right there. No matter what company seems to support them or fund them doesn't seem to give them enough capitol to make them want to stay permanently ANYWHERE. Why can't they just stay ONLINE and be done with it? This switching back and forth really pisses people off.

Last edited by #847709 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
I've been using HiDive for two days now, their streaming - once they got past the "Beta" bugs that always plague a big project - is working very well. I've not seen any hesitations in any of the episodes I've watched. The School-Live dub is pretty good, but they don't have all those episodes up yet.

Mark Gosdin

Well, the main thing that will make me want to go to HiDive or not is are they Dub-Only or are they bi-lingual? I HATE dubs for the most part as a rule because there are very few out there that are worth a dang to listen to... and live. Most dubs (with very few exceptions) are either much too shrieky or they're emotionless and not much in between.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:

I'm not positive on this, but I THINK CR at least has Another... not sure about the others though. There's always Hulu though, guys, and they have most of Anime Network's stuff there too. So that's a plus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1