• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utena/Penguindrum Director Kunihiko Ikuhara Helms New Work at MAPPA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind an anime where an Akita Inu or Tosa Inu has a starring role. Hopefully the new project has more info by years' end.
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
SUPER EXCITED. I've loved everything Ikuhara has done this far, and I can't wait to see another title from him.

Hopefully it gets simulcasted here when it comes out. I've never followed a title of his as it aired in Japan before, so it would be cool to finally do that.

Zeino wrote:
Anyone else think that Ikuhara saw Yuri!!! on Ice and that's what convinced him that this was the perfect place to make a new work?

I'm not sure, but I would love to see a gay/bi guy centered work from Ikuhara for a change of pace. But knowing Ikuhara, I'm sure his next title will be yet another lesbian anime. Razz
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
I'm not sure, but I would love to see a gay/bi guy centered work from Ikuhara for a change of pace. But knowing Ikuhara, I'm sure his next title will be yet another lesbian anime. Razz

Although he's obviously more focused on lesbian content, there's a non-negligable amount of gay imagery in Utena (including one hard-to-forget sequence in the movie).
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Although he's obviously more focused on lesbian content, there's a non-negligable amount of gay imagery in Utena (including one hard-to-forget sequence in the movie).

One of the many reasons I love Utena, haha. His work has its fair share of gay/bi guys too (even Penguindrum had one, though it was revealed through a drama CD), they're just never the focal point like the lesbians are.
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:55 am Reply with quote
im glad this anime will be gay/or bi guy fo used. im looking forward to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2