• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yukiru Sugisaki.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teankun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I would like to start a thread about one of my favorite manga authors: Yukiru Sugisaki.
I love her art style, her characters, her stories
I especially enjoy DNAngel and Candidate for Goddess
Although, admittedly, I do have one big gripe about her. I wish she would stick to series and finish it and stop putting works on hiatus. She has even put DNAngel on hiatus twice.
BTW, I understand she got started working on an Evangelion doujinshi. Has anyone ever seen this or had access to it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, it's been years since I watched/read DNAngel. I kind of gave up on it after it was on a seemingly endless hiatus/Tokyopop died. Did she ever finish it?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I like her art and ideas but yeah, SHE NEEDS TO FINISH THINGS, GEEZE.

D.N. Angel manga is good. One of my guilty pleasures is Rizelmine. Anime hyper
LightningCount

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed Candidate for Goddess/Pilot Candidate. The anime adaptation was rather lackluster, but the material had a lot of potential. I'm disappointed the manga never finished. It was really coming into its own with Volume 5, but then it was never completed. It's rather odd, since there is an interview in Volume 4 where she says she knows where the story is going and how there will be a big twist regarding the planet they are supposed to be protecting. She even says she shared the rest of the story with the anime staff. But then neither the anime or the manga reached completion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1