• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Royal Anime Fit for Prince Harry & Meghan's Wedding

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Britannia family is vast as Charles zi Britannia took several consorts in close proximity to one another and managed to father something like 11 children.

Well, it's been a long time since I've seen Code Geass but I distinctly remember the official website listing that he had at least 108 consorts(that specific number had something to do with Buddhism I think).
Methinks he might have had more kids than 11, who knows maybe this 3rd season that we've been teased with for the last few years might show them.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:17 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
You'd think that a site dedicated Japanese entertainment would provide some respite from the wall to wall coverage of the exploits of that family of parasites.

If only the article were "The List - 6 Monarchies Deposed in Coups".

You DO know that Japan is a Monarchy, don't you?
animefanworried

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
Honestly, considering how many have given their lives and fought for separation from the royal parasites, I don't understand modern people's fascination with them the world over; as if they were somehow still in power or something. I mean, I get why people like fictional royal families; fiction allows us to indulge in things we don't necessarily approve of like war and carnage, and tyrants... But to loose it over the real deal?!

consignia wrote:
You'd think that a site dedicated Japanese entertainment would provide some respite from the wall to wall coverage of the exploits of that family of parasites.

If only the article were "The List - 6 Monarchies Deposed in Coups".

Looks like someone else beat you to it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:01 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Come on. Kid Goku was not nearly as strong as Kid Gohan.

If we're talking Cell Saga Gohan No if we're talking pre Cell Saga Gogan then yes.
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:01 pm Reply with quote
animefanworried wrote:
Honestly, considering how many have given their lives and fought for separation from the royal parasites, I don't understand modern people's fascination with them the world over; as if they were somehow still in power or something. I mean, I get why people like fictional royal families; fiction allows us to indulge in things we don't necessarily approve of like war and carnage, and tyrants... But to loose it over the real deal?!

You answered your own question. The British Monarchy has lost the teeth that traditionally went with being ruler by birth, even the lesser power held onto after 'ordained by God' started to slide; They are now celebrity figureheads that represent unity and elegance versus being outright, in charge, leaders. It's BECAUSE of that people feel free to love them. I'm pretty damn sure they know that if they ever try to regain that old school power, they're getting more than tea in the harbour; Almost NO ONE (I'm sure some idiot exists) in the free world is dropping hard earned money to routinely celebrate the Saudi royal family.

As for the cost of the wedding- ₤ 32 000 000 total: The Windsor purse will cover some; Meghan paid for her dress, Taxpayers footed the bill for security (30 000 000). (The Sun)

It is expected that the event will bring in ₤ 80 000 000 in local sales (pubs, hotels, etc) with 60 000 000 expected to come from tourists alone. (Metro)

Tourism spending and merch sales are expected to total ₤ 500 000 000. (The Sun)

Whatever one's personal opinion, it's expected to even out and then some.

2) It's interesting to note that Sailor Moon had 2 different weddings, with 2 different dresses- the anime one in the second season and the manga one, at the end.

3) "Shirayuki isn't a princess in her own right" Neither is Meghan. Very Happy I'm still hoping for the Snow White manga to be released in English so we can get more story than what the Ad Anime™ provided. I may end up having to bite the bullet and buy it in French.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Serenity and Endymion are....sure, they are glamorous....but I've always found them freaking boring.

*gets mauled by Moonies*

SORRY BUT THEY ARE!! I never got excited over them and you know how much of a hardcore shipper I am....if you know me at all lol. They're missing something....like...well, chemistry, for one thing.

Zen and Shirayuki though, yes. That's a great pairing and they are both elegant and sophisticated. Romeo and Juliet too.
Brack

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2