• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Should "GKids" be "GKIDS"?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:10 pm Reply with quote
On their own website and SNS accounts, the name is always officially written in all caps. It's also been given a backronym to justify this, "Guerrilla Kids International Distribution Syndicate", though it's actually a shortening of just "Guerrilla Kids".

The large majority of ANN's news reports mentioning the company follow this practice of giving the name in all caps, however the primary name of their encyclopedia entry is "GKids". I suspect that this should really be changed?

There also needs to a purge unliking the company with movies which have been played at New York International Children's Film Festival but have not been licensed by GKIDS. But that will have to be a project in itself (one in which some input from GKIDS staff to clear things up for definite could be necessary or at least useful).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1