• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover Anime to Continue Beyond Episode 51

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
So is the Toonami one gonna continue as well? It's doing pretty bad from what I can tell.

From looking at the rating it gets on Toonami's reddit. It's on par with HxH and higher then JoJo in term of viewership. Seems to be doing pretty well and it's constant.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
v1cious wrote:
So is the Toonami one gonna continue as well? It's doing pretty bad from what I can tell.

From looking at the rating it gets on Toonami's reddit. It's on par with HxH and higher then JoJo in term of viewership. Seems to be doing pretty well and it's constant.

I find that surprising. Its in the back of the new shows time-slot before the reruns and the block itself barely mentions it especially in their special compilation commercials.

I honestly feel like Toonami doesn't want it airing on their block.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

I find that surprising. Its in the back of the new shows time-slot before the reruns and the block itself barely mentions it especially in their special compilation commercials.

I honestly feel like Toonami doesn't want it airing on their block.

Pretty sure that would be a mistake since BC as a pretty strong following. Looking at august 25th's ratings. People watched JoJo, left during HxH and came back for BC. It holds the crowd of shows playing before it really well and make some people come back even.(Around 20k for that week.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:00 am Reply with quote
So a bunch of pointless bait posts, and responses to them, have been edited or removed. If you don't like the show then that's great. Simply coming in to dump on it and add nothing of value to the conversation is not ok.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:25 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that it'll be continuing for awhile! Although, granted, I figured even if it did end at Episode 51 as planned, we'd probably get another season a little bit later on. Despite my earlier skepticism of the series at first because of the generic shonen tropes my husband and I actually made fun of to start with, I'm really becoming a fan of the series and love being able to watch it on Toonami every Saturday. Or, rather, Sunday, technically.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:27 am Reply with quote
Anime staff: Getting more episodes is our magic!

Asta stays slaying.

I'm glad it's done so well.

Hopefully heroaca learns from it and magically gets a continuation as well.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Complete adaptation in one single run maybe? The manga seems to be in its final stages...

Licht and the elves are just the first big villains of Black Clover and there will probably be a new big villain after they are defeated.
Orochimaru was the first big villain in Naruto and he was replaced by new villains later and Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, The Seven Deadly Sins and most other series like this did the same thing.
Black Clover will probably be just as long as the other big shounens or atlest i really hope it will.

I love the Black Clover anime so im very happy that its going to continue and i hope it wil continue until the end of the story.
I was worried that the anime was going to be cancelled.
frubam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I had every intention on finishing up the season and then going straight to the manga, even if they intended on announcing a follow-up season at a later date. Guess I'll be sticking to the anime after all =03.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:59 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Asta stays slaying.

Wait what is there for heroaca to learn from this? Its gotten a season renewal every year so its already been getting continuations long before Black Clover has.

If you mean they should adopt the ongoing approach then I have to say that's not a good idea. The seasonal approach lends itself to more consistent, better quality shows.

Black Clover going the way of Naruto, Bleach, & One Piece will only cause a lot of issues in the long-run.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
The production committee clearly has a long-term plan in mind, considering how slow-paced the show has been. We'll only know the anime is about to get the axe when it starts rushing through stuff, like Bleach and Toriko did towards the end.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Asta stays slaying.

Wait what is there for heroaca to learn from this? Its gotten a season renewal every year so its already been getting continuations long before Black Clover has.

If you mean they should adopt the ongoing approach then I have to say that's not a good idea. The seasonal approach lends itself to more consistent, better quality shows.

Black Clover going the way of Naruto, Bleach, & One Piece will only cause a lot of issues in the long-run.

Agreed for heroacademia its best it stays the way it is for the best quality and the wait isnt that long either. We saw recently at BC just how badly some episodes are done the animation was really just ugh...So honestly i was hoping it would really end at this ep51 and then have some break befor new season if they intended to make more. Just dunno for me the show is already now just barely average and the poor animation at times surely doesnt help it. But well for now ill stick to watchin it although its probably my least likeable shounen show i have seen this past years.
feitan000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am Reply with quote
Can't wait, the next arcs are amazing
ShadowAssailantX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
This is easily the worst battle shonen to rear it's head in a long time. The last 2 cours have not only been a complete mess animation wise and adapted at a glacial pace, but the underlying story is mediocre at the best of times and the characters are 1 dimensional cut-outs (seriously does every character have to scream out their 1 quirk every time they appear on screen?).

I really thought this show had some potential at first, and if it kept up its budget it would have been a somewhat enjoyable experience even if the story was forgettable. But it has been below borderline unwatchable for a while now, and now any hope of a hiatus/ new series maybe bringing some new talent or ideas to refresh things is lost, I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to finish this.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
I'm not too surprised. I was actually wondering this weekend if we'd see an announcement soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3