• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: His and Her Circumstances Blu-ray Release Gets New Artwork

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I’m totally getting this! The price looks great!
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
Hopefully Nozomi can put a BD version out in the US, assuming this release isn't a "worse than DVD" upscale. If that happens, maybe we'd finally get the actual home video version of the series, instead of the TV version. Afaik, they never got the home video version for their later DVD re-releases, even after the issues became known.

About that, were there any major differences between the two? Like, major enough that it would cause issues with the English dub (like with Escaflowne & Gundam SEED HD)?

It's been forever since I last revisited the show, but as far as I remember, the recap episodes were completely redone, and were much more interesting and featured meta information about the success of the show itself. These definitely had new voiceovers. There were also some additional and/or extended scenes in a few of the other episodes, which may or may not have featured new voiceovers.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
Hopefully Nozomi can put a BD version out in the US, assuming this release isn't a "worse than DVD" upscale. If that happens, maybe we'd finally get the actual home video version of the series, instead of the TV version. Afaik, they never got the home video version for their later DVD re-releases, even after the issues became known.

About that, were there any major differences between the two? Like, major enough that it would cause issues with the English dub (like with Escaflowne & Gundam SEED HD)?

It's been forever since I last revisited the show, but as far as I remember, the recap episodes were completely redone, and were much more interesting and featured meta information about the success of the show itself. These definitely had new voiceovers. There were also some additional and/or extended scenes in a few of the other episodes, which may or may not have featured new voiceovers.

To wit, the scene towards the end of the TV series, where spoiler[Yukino & Arima do the deed, losing their virginities to each other], was allegedly less 'left to the imagination' in the original Japanese releases, but Gainax gave RightStuf the masters they did and we got the edited version. spoiler[http://animeprime.proud-sites.net/reports/kano.shtml has the details...just some missing stills, but an edit is an edit,,,.]

I am hopeful for a US BD release as it ought to alleviate the issue the DVDs had, that of being too data-packed with soft subs for US DVD players to handle without either the subtitles freezing/disappearing or the discs crashing altogether in some el cheapo DVD players. Though, can BD handle that level of soft subs? I know BD subtitling is tricky...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2