• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toy Company Banpresto Dissolves, Combines With Bandai Spirits

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Banpresto Prize Figures were really nice in my opinion. I’ve been buying a lot of Dragon Ball ones. Recently I bemoaned the lack of variety though but now I feel guilty because in terms of quality control Banpresto > Bandai Spirits . Also Bandai Spirits has some outrageous prices for some of their stuff to like their HG Gashaphon sets.

Just hope this is a bit of reshuffling under one umbrella and the quality control will improve & the prices won’t increase too much.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
After Their Recent SRW games keep getting more and more diminishing returns, Banpresto dissolving this way seemed more and more likely with each game released.

it seems you haven't been following the news much.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-03/playstation-awards-2018-winners-announced/.140284

Selling half a million copies doesn't say much on a list that also features games that sold over 1 million to 4 million copies in the same market.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
After Their Recent SRW games keep getting more and more diminishing returns, Banpresto dissolving this way seemed more and more likely with each game released.

Banpresto's game division was absorbed fully into Bandai Namco a couple years ago so this doesn't effect them at all. This is the side of the company that handled the prize toys and stuff that you'd find in Gachapon machines.

And besides, SRW hasn't really sold that great outside of a couple of releases (The Alphas, OGs, Z.) It's more so that the game market as a whole shrunk in Japan.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Banpresto Prize Figures were really nice in my opinion. I’ve been buying a lot of Dragon Ball ones. Recently I bemoaned the lack of variety though but now I feel guilty because in terms of quality control Banpresto > Bandai Spirits . Also Bandai Spirits has some outrageous prices for some of their stuff to like their HG Gashaphon sets.

Just hope this is a bit of reshuffling under one umbrella and the quality control will improve & the prices won’t increase too much.

Probably not gonna happen. Spirits will now be responsible for more things, QC will only get worse. Also they have raised DB Kuji lottery ticket prices from July.... expect more shenanigans now they have full control over the regular prizes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2