• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The World's Finest Assassin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taederias

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:29 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
All of Lugh's plans to kill the Hero come to fruition, even the beach episode was plot relevant.

Technically, it's “the beach episode we (largely) skipped have would have been plot-relevant”. Smile
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:27 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Incest sure is relative.

Pun intended I hope Laughing

Speaking of, while it makes sense for Dia to pretend to be his younger sister (for the reasons given), that sure has got to be a kick in the teeth for Lugh considering his father knows he wants to marry her. Just another obstacle to clear I guess lol

Quote:

I'm assuming the redhead at the end was the reincarnated teacher? The Hero looks pretty kind and soft, so I wonder why their "rampage" kicks in.

That would make sense, good catch Smile

If I had to guess, since it happens after the Demon Lord fight, I would presume that that triggers it. She has to push past the point of no return (or gets pushed past) to defeat the the genre staple Mao or something happens during the fight that either immediately changes her or slowly festers over time leading to the same result. I'm going to guess the latter since that would give Lugh the opportunity to stop her without killing her.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:43 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

hold on? i was told by LN and manga readers that epona spoiler[ is actually a boy despite his girl like appearance ala astofolo ]

spoiler[Epona is a girl. But she is among the youngest of multiple children belonging to a poor farming family so after her birth her parents lied and reported her to be a boy so that she could help with the extra farm labour. Because of this, after being determined to be the hero the entire kingdom believes her to be a boy and she is forced to continue pretending to be one.] It goes more in-depth in volume 2 on the reasons and such.
watsthemattter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:12 am Reply with quote
MAN THIS EPISODE 6 is fvckng heavy. I mean a lot of kids are watching anime now and we don't know but some of them may have had traumas so i hope this types of scenes in episode 6 would've been shown discreetly. Not every one has the capability and strength to see this such scenes even if it didn't showed what actually happened. Also, they could've put some trigger warnings on this.
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:35 am Reply with quote
That was a very cliche ending

10 points to the person in the forum who predicted we would see the Hero for a split second at the very end.

thanks to that ending i have to say it was an OK anime, the last episode for me really brought the whole series down.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:04 pm Reply with quote
A surprisingly enjoyable show.

I do like the changes and subversions compared to your typical isekais.

I'd be in for season 2. Could do with more assassinating/planning and action and reign in the comedy which doesn't always work, and even the harem aspects are cliched.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9